Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Chanced on Tour today..first time in 25 years first eleven stages won by different biker.

2. Collapse Details

That would be, "cyclist", not "biker". Biker is for Harleys in Oklahoma. :-)

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    That would be, "cyclist", not "biker". Biker is for Harleys in Oklahoma. :-)
    And a tricycle rider is a "peddler?

4. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Oddest thing I've ever seen in the Tour today....some guy quit with 80K to go and even his own team doesn't know why...he had been shortly before in the attacking group then suddenly quit...

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Oddest thing I've ever seen in the Tour today....some guy quit with 80K to go and even his own team doesn't know why...he had been shortly before in the attacking group then suddenly quit...
    He isn't just "some guy". Rohan Dennis is the world time trial champion, and he quit (in a feed zone) the day before a time trial stage he was expected to excel in.

It is reminiscent of Marie-Jose Perec in 2000.

6. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Yes that's the name....but I knew he was a big time trialist...

7. Collapse Details

Interesting last two stages. In the Time Trial most of it went according to expectations except:
    1 the nasty crash 500m crash of one of the two young giants, Wout van Aert who was right in the lead two trough all the check points (although the last two were even better).

2. Alaphilippe not only retained his 1-minute plus lead, he extended by winning the TT.

On the first day in the high mountains, Alaphilippe was again the surprise because the top six dropped G Thomas and then he got second, winning a time bonus as well, and now leads Thomas by 2:02. A number of hopefuls are no longer hopeful as they lost several minutes and even a lot of minutes. Nairo Quintana was probably the biggest hopeful and his team worked hard for a long time, only to have him unable to keep up over the last several kilometers ."Richie Porte, Jakob Fuglsang and Adam Yates also saw their GC hopes tank."

8. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Thibaut Pinot is now the solid favorite IMO. Two straight days in the Pyrenees he put the hammer to everyone who matters in the GC, and if not for a tactical brain cramp in the flat stage 10 crosswinds he'd be just 10 seconds behind Aliphilippe, and 1:25 up on Thomas. As it is he stands just 15 seconds behind Thomas, with three monstrous days in the alps looming. If Pinot's climbing form holds I don't know who can beat him.
    There are no strings on me

9. Collapse Details

I understand conventional wisdom but as the saying goes, the Yellow Jersey seems to be making Aliphilippe ride like two men.

10. Collapse Details

Yes, but today we saw him hit some limits, and he was very close to the edge yesterday. I think that the big teams will go at it three days in a row in the high Alps; the last day ending with an almost-34km climb