Facts, Not Fiction

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    McLaughlin looked amazing...she didn't push it at all.

Agreed. Barely pushed and not a clean 10th hurdle. That WR should drop this year.

2. Collapse Details

McLaughlin really should push towards the world record. She looked amazing. But I'm still convinced Muhammad is ready to push her to the line at USA's and hopefully Doha.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    McLaughlin really should push towards the world record. She looked amazing. But I'm still convinced Muhammad is ready to push her to the line at USA's and hopefully Doha.
    Yeah, Muhammad has also looked scary-good this year. If she's peaking at all similarly to 2016/17 McLaughlin's not the only threat to the WR.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Similarly impressed with Ajee Wilson. Compare her face coming down the stretch to Goule and Muir lol
    Yeah, I noticed that. Goule was all eyes head thrown back, Muir was grimacing and Wilson looked very collected the whole way. I think she can go way deeper.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

5. Collapse Details

If Goule ever learns better sprint form she could get into the 1:55 range I think. Gets no help from her arms with that dainty action from her high school days.
    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Welllll, that's new (m400).

Blatant false start by Montgomery (who doesn't get ejected). Jones runs the whole 400, apparently didn't hear the electronic recall signal. Zambrano and Re also ran quite a long way.

What a mess.
    I just read somewhere, and then verified, that Montgomery was eventually DQed for the false start. I don't know why there wasn't an immediate red flag.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    I just read somewhere, and then verified, that Montgomery was eventually DQed for the false start. I don't know why there wasn't an immediate red flag.
    Whatever happened to the "I'm protesting the decision, so I'm going to run anyway, and then you can show me the proof later." Didn't Drummond and others do that on occasion?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Whatever happened to the "I'm protesting the decision, so I'm going to run anyway, and then you can show me the proof later." Didn't Drummond and others do that on occasion?
    Rule 146 covers this. So Montgomery would have been permitted to compete under protest.

9. Collapse Details

Yes, he could have been allowed to compete under protest, but I didn't see him protesting. That situation--red flag/visible protest/discussion with officials/permission to compete granted--didn't seem to be happening.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Rule 146 covers this. So Montgomery would have been permitted to compete under protest.
    As a pro, if there were even a scintilla of doubt, I'd run.
    If you lose, so what?
    If you win (and post a good result), you've 'shown' that you were the best that day, DQ or no DQ.