Facts, Not Fiction

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    Do the two not get along? Lyles seems like he gets on well with everyone; Coleman appears a bit more iffy.
    Coleman didn't take it well when Lyles edged him out in Shanghai. There was some twitter traffic. And the following week at the Adidas Boost press conference Lyles said “Some people just don't like you.“

Perhaps overblown but it's an added factor for fitting Lyles into the relay.

2. Collapse Details

There's a conversion factor of 1.08 commonly used to assess what a 1500 or mile time is "worth" at the other distance. 4:12.33 converts to 3:53.64. I think she could run pretty close to the 1500 WR with a faster first 800.

3. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Definitely....

4. Collapse Details

McLaughlin looked amazing...she didn't push it at all.

5. Collapse Details

Do the two not get along? Lyles seems like he gets on well with everyone; Coleman appears a bit more iffy.
    I don't think they do. But I kind of like that.

6. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    McLaughlin looked amazing...she didn't push it at all.

Similarly impressed with Ajee Wilson. Compare her face coming down the stretch to Goule and Muir lol
    There are no strings on me

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Klingon View Post
    I don't think they do. But I kind of like that.
    Yes, I love domestic rivalries as long as they don't get nasty and bitter.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bowie View Post
    Syd looks dead fit now...much better than she looked last season. But as fast as she ran, she still chopped her stride approaching too many hurdles and she is jumping over them instead of hurdling them. Over a couple of them she looked more like she was in a steeplechase than a hurdle race. Given her time today, I see her running below :52 with a more professional effort. Sky's the limit for her. She can be the biggest star in the sport.
    I haven't seen the race yet but it sounds like she may need to start using 14 steps at the beginning of her races if she's going to reach her potential.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bowie View Post
    Syd looks dead fit now...much better than she looked last season. But as fast as she ran, she still chopped her stride approaching too many hurdles and she is jumping over them instead of hurdling them. Over a couple of them she looked more like she was in a steeplechase than a hurdle race. Given her time today, I see her running below :52 with a more professional effort. Sky's the limit for her. She can be the biggest star in the sport.
    I agree, I was thinking she could knock 0.75-1.0 off that time. Her problem is her speed going into the hurdles and trying to control her stride pattern. However, I guess she's near a peak with the trials imminent, so we'd expect her to be in great form. But if she doesn't go sub 53 this year I'll eat my hat.

10. Collapse Details

I think she needs to be in at least her 2016 form to win IN DOHA. Of course, she doesn't have to be in that form right now. But DAS ran sub 22 last year, SMU is also sub-22. ET can probably get there too. But ultimately it depends on who chooses to run the w200..if there's only Dina, then Schippers will be in the mix for a medal; but will probably need sub 22 to win gold.
    SMU is still a ? but I believe she has said she is doing the 400m. The double may be too much, but she could try it. Problem is the 400 is stacked (well, there two women that on current form and trajectory could beat her) Also she can't choose an outside lane

Like you, I prefer to consider the season as a whole, and look at the bigger picture. The reality is Reider made her get progressively worse in 2017/2018. She's now back with Benemma which is good news...but got injured in March. She's now chipping bits off her SB and getting progressly closer to her rivals, and she has 10 weeks until Doha.

ET has come off a peak for the trials, so she should have been in form in her races around then, I'd have been shocked if she wasn't running well.

This is a long-ass season this year, and no medals are given out until Oct 2nd.