Facts, Not Fiction

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by norunner View Post
    But she said she would reconsider if she ran between 11.00 and 11.05. The suspense is killing me...
    So she wouldn’t go if she ran under 11.00. 😂😂😂

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Brown will be going.
    She certainly thinks so. (As per her Twitter comment.)

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    She certainly thinks so. (As per her Twitter comment.)
    She was probably notified by usatf.

4. Collapse Details

It may be true, but if it is, it violates what appears to be one of their core principles, which is that to the extent possible, the team should be based on the results of the National Championships.

5. Collapse Details

Except it does? No one outside the top three three have standards at USAs. And Brown was 9th overall.

6. Collapse Details

But Baker, who was 4th in the final, had a time that would surely get her an IAAF invite if USATF doesn't name Brown to the team. Knowing that, shouldn't USATF confirm with the IAAF that she's going to be invited, and then name her to the team ahead of Brown, who did not make the final in Des Moines.

7. Collapse Details

How would that work? IAAF can only start inviting once it has all the entries with the standard. So BEFORE the invitation process starts, USATF has to finalise it's entries with the standard. Which means they would have to enter three and then hope for an invite, or enter four and not get an invite at all.

8. Collapse Details

In this case, I think the invitation would be more than a hope. Look at the standard, look at the list, and look at what she did in Des Moines. How could she not be invited? And if there's any doubt at all, wouldn't a simple phone call help?

(Or am I reading the numbers wrong?)

9. Collapse Details

She would almost certainly get an invite, but our list is an unofficial guideline by two fans. Who is to say the decision makers at USATF even know about it? And if they do, trust it?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    In this case, I think the invitation would be more than a hope. Look at the standard, look at the list, and look at what she did in Des Moines. How could she not be invited? And if there's any doubt at all, wouldn't a simple phone call help?

(Or am I reading the numbers wrong?)
    So, are you saying that the IAAF should create a special system just for the USA?