Facts, Not Fiction

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    Nick Willis better be in that 130!
    USA and GBR both entered four athletes, if the IAAF would stop counting those alternates, Willis would be in.

2. Collapse Details

On the Road to Doha list, I see only three USA and three GBR athletes listed. And Willis is still at the top of the wait list.

3. Collapse Details

Love to see Willis get in. Hopefully, he didn't mentally check out for the season and start eating cake!

4. Collapse Details

Panagi of Cyprus is also in ladies long jump (she accepted!)

5. Collapse Details

Re: Salwa Eid Naser
    Following the day's conversation, I did some research and found this https://www.opalapaaraka.com/meet-me which I hope will close the debate about her father. IMO, the "Bahraini father" story was invented to to give a legal veneer to a transfer of allegiance that took place when she was not 18 yet (assuming her official date of birth is correct)

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    On the Road to Doha list, I see only three USA and three GBR athletes listed. And Willis is still at the top of the wait list.
    The "Road to Doha" is not associated with the IAAF. The IAAF provisional entries list has all four Americans and four Brits, with no way to distinguish reserves.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

7. Collapse Details

But I have to believe that when they are figuring out how many invites they have to do in order to meet the target for each event, they are taking into account the fact that only three of the four entered can actually compete.

8. Collapse Details

From the article linked to the front page about "Lack of Irish TV from Doha"...

"Mark English has missed out on a spot in the 800m under the new quota qualifying system, his 1:45.94 just shy of the automatic 1:45:80. He was ranked 41st of the 48 entries, only for eight places to go to countries permitted to send one athlete without any standard (Oman, UAE, East Timor, Myanmar, Kosovo, Jordan, Equatorial Guinea and Andorra)"

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    But I have to believe that when they are figuring out how many invites they have to do in order to meet the target for each event, they are taking into account the fact that only three of the four entered can actually compete.
    If that were the case, Nick Willis would be in. Our list is different from the IAAF because it still has Endale and Paulson with a q, but i doubt Ethiopia will accept an invite because they could have done so before the provisional lists were out. But i can't remove him because they restarted the process and we don't know for certain.

10. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortius19 View Post
    From the article linked to the front page about "Lack of Irish TV from Doha"...

"Mark English has missed out on a spot in the 800m under the new quota qualifying system, his 1:45.94 just shy of the automatic 1:45:80. He was ranked 41st of the 48 entries, only for eight places to go to countries permitted to send one athlete without any standard (Oman, UAE, East Timor, Myanmar, Kosovo, Jordan, Equatorial Guinea and Andorra)"
    he has now tweeted that he's in