Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Road To Doha (qualifying lists)
    This was mentioned on another thread, but IMHO probably deserves its own thread. The qualifying lists previously at roadto.de are now appearing at https://www.tilastopaja.com/roadtodoha/index.php

They are not behind the pay wall where a lot of the content on the site is.

2. Collapse Details

Not nearly done yet, so no need to post bugs.
    Because of a change in German laws Oliver was concerned about all the data we provided, so we asked Mirko if he would host the lists and he graciously agreed. The lists will not be behind a paywall, apart from the change of host nothing has changed. Mirko is responsible for the hosting but once the site is ready, Oliver and i will be responsible for running the site just like before. Users won't know the difference.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by norunner View Post
    Because of a change in German laws Oliver was concerned about all the data we provided, so we asked Mirko if he would host the lists and he graciously agreed.
    Good news!

However, I don't fully understand the issue. I know that GDPR is causing a lot of uncertainty but isn't the site driven by public performance data anyway?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    Good news!

However, I don't fully understand the issue. I know that GDPR is causing a lot of uncertainty but isn't the site driven by public performance data anyway?
    It doesn't always matter if you are right or wrong, there are experts in Europe who don't understand the new data protection laws. Oliver did not want to take the risk of being sued and we have to respect that.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by norunner View Post
    It doesn't always matter if you are right or wrong, there are experts in Europe who don't understand the new data protection laws. Oliver did not want to take the risk of being sued and we have to respect that.
    OK, I misunderstood the situation. I thought there was explicit law that prevented it.

I agree it's sensible for a private citizen to be careful until there are a few precedents established - by people with lots of money.

Thanks again for your work.

6. Collapse Details

Thank you all.

7. Collapse Details

Awesome news. Thanks.

8. Collapse Details

Thank you very much!

9. Collapse Details

So great. Thanks!
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

10. Collapse Details

Since we're about six months late with the page we missed a lot of data. So we would appreciate links/info regarding selection by any country. I believe a few countries already selected their race walking and marathon teams and some countries like Australia may have preselected some athletes. Feel free to post any info you feel is useful.
    Last edited by norunner; 07-07-2019 at 05:17 PM.