Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TN1965 View Post
    MLB should introduce pitch clocks. Some minor leagues and college games have already done that.
    And force batters to get in box at a certain time. But an expanded strike zone would force batters to swing and not sit and wait. They need it called by robot.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    a baseball radio brodcast is the perfect backdrop to working in the yard
    That's my favorite way to consume baseball. I can be mobile and do stuff.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

3. Collapse Details

Speaking of games that last too long, is anyone watching Wimbledon?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    I prefer football on radio these days....especially the Bears...being in Oregon now I can't get the Bear games live on TV....but I can easily get the local station doing the Bears broadcast....
    I no longer watch or listen to pro football, but when I did, I always preferred the radio, even when I was watching the game on tv. The announcing was usually much more informative. In fact, I was lying in bed watching the infamous "Heidi" game on tv with the sound off and listening to the radio broadcast. I wasn't at all upset when the telecast went off the air to switch to Heidi. I just kept on listening and knew exactly how the game ended.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Klingon View Post
    Speaking of games that last too long, is anyone watching Wimbledon?
    The men's doubles match is, I guess, one which only the tennis aficionado would appreciate.

6. Collapse Details

None of these tennis matches is too long, imo. On the other hand, imo, every basketball game ever played is far far too long for me. That's being a fan of some things and not others.

7. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    If my read of history is correct, Baseball and Horse racing made up more than 50% of sports interest in 1900.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    None of these tennis matches is too long, imo. On the other hand, imo, every basketball game ever played is far far too long for me. That's being a fan of some things and not others.
    That's an excellent point. Making competitions shorter won't attract people who don't like the sport in the first place. And those who do won't be turned off by the competitions that take longer to complete, at least within a reasonable limit.
    Last edited by Powell; 07-13-2019 at 10:06 PM.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

9. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    I no longer watch or listen to pro football, but when I did, I always preferred the radio, even when I was watching the game on tv. The announcing was usually much more informative. In fact, I was lying in bed watching the infamous "Heidi" game on tv with the sound off and listening to the radio broadcast. I wasn't at all upset when the telecast went off the air to switch to Heidi. I just kept on listening and knew exactly how the game ended.

I feel the same way, I can listen to football on the car radio and I can enjoy it. Baseball however is completely different, I cant for the life of me, feel anything but boredom as soon as I hear the announcers in their text book droning style tell me about every subtle issue on the field.

How anyone, whether you love baseball or not, can endure radio baseball is beyond me.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    How anyone, whether you love baseball or not, can endure radio baseball is beyond me.
    Clearly you have not experienced the aural magnificence of a Vin Scully broadcast.