Facts, Not Fiction

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

There are definitely pathological liars who are doctors. There was one in my class who eventually got kicked out, but got his MD somewhere else and sued my school and lost. Anyway, all public record and he does practice, such as it is. But my favorite story is drinking in a bar and this guy is going on about marathons and such and I was like whatever, but then said he ran a sub 4 mile. And I said trackandfieldnews has a list, lets look you up. Well, he wanted to fight me after that and got thrown out of the bar.

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    That's great...

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I had a teammate in college who was a pathological liar. She transferred in from a JC. This was 2005ish before TFRRS existed, and Athletic.net and Milesplit didn't cover colleges, but it wasn't _that_ hard to look things up, especially not for me. I was also the SID for my team, pretty sure I already had a Tilastopaja subscription or something by then as well.

The height she claimed kept slowly inching higher. She would make ridiculous statements, like saying she had competed at a certain invitational the year before... when I had personally jumped in the meet and double checked the results and she definitely was not there.

Anyway, none of it mattered. We all knew she lied about everything constantly and no one really believed her, ever. But I was still baffled that she would lie to my face about track and field statistics, which she KNEW I could easily verify.

4. Collapse Details

Apart from the pathological liars, there's plenty of people who lie (or cheat) just to impress friends; and since anyone willing to be their friend in the first place probably isn't the brightest lamp in the store, it can work pretty well on the intended audience until somebody less gullible hears it and speaks up.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Lol at the Sci fi books.
    I know it was weird. GOR - The Chronicles of Counter-Earth, Vol 2&3. I've never gotten around to reading them. The covers look cheesy.

This thread is fascinating and sad...and apparently universal. So many liars.
    Last edited by scottmitchell74; 07-07-2019 at 02:25 AM.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    What's odd is that it seems unlikely he could have pulled off such sophisticated cheating by himself. It's one thing to just cut a course, but his more recent results involved hitting many timing mats at about the right time.

The evidence against him involves things like failing to appear in numerous video clips/photographs where he should have been, pictures that appear to show him leaving and entering the course, and photos emerged from an old race showing him on a bike.

But if he was using a bike, surely someone behind the scenes was moving it to the right locations for him. Or if he was getting a ride in a car, someone had to be driving it.

With his death, it is likely that we will never know the whole story :/

7. Collapse Details

The very best is when you think someone is lying and turns out they arenít. I have a guy who I trained in 2011 - who had a guy walk in off the street looking for a job at his gym - who claimed heíd been on a US junior nationals team in the decathlon and had high jumped around 7í and been the best dec guy in country in HS and could still walk in cold in boots and jeans and power clean 3 wheels.

My guy called BS - and this guy proceeded to clean 315 - and then point to his HS and college marks on line.

The kid off the street was maybe the best natural athlete Iíve ever met/seen - and love that he backed his claim both on paper and on the gym platform.

8. Collapse Details

Did he get the job?

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    What's odd is that it seems unlikely he could have pulled off such sophisticated cheating by himself. It's one thing to just cut a course, but his more recent results involved hitting many timing mats at about the right time.

The evidence against him involves things like failing to appear in numerous video clips/photographs where he should have been, pictures that appear to show him leaving and entering the course, and photos emerged from an old race showing him on a bike.

But if he was using a bike, surely someone behind the scenes was moving it to the right locations for him. Or if he was getting a ride in a car, someone had to be driving it.

With his death, it is likely that we will never know the whole story :/
    That was Kip Litton's method of operation...hit the timing mats ....and probably using a bike in between...no one actually saw him do it...

10. Collapse Details

Also no evidence anyone else was in on it.