Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Who will be the Democratic Nominee?
    Biden and Bernie are done. Warren is damaged goods to many. Buttigieg is too nice a guy.

You know who I like? Kamala Effin Harris!

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

3. Collapse Details

Pity someone can’t find a “genuine” fake 1986 birth certificate for AOC

4. Collapse Details

Warren would be my favourite and i don't think her damage is insurmountable but Harris certainly has the aura of a winner and i don't think Trump can rattle her

But we're only 1 debate down, everything could change after July 31st
    i deserve extra credit

5. Collapse Details

Do not rule out Biden. One debate means nothing. This is a marathon and calling the winner in the first few miles is nonsensical. If Trump is to be beaten the party has to put forth a moderate. Pete is not ready for Prime Time now, but he is the most likeable of the challengers and the least politic. Harris was a prosecutor and A.G. which means stuff will be brought up, such as refusing to use death penalty against a cop killer. Warren is just too busy with plans. Bernie needs to be put out to pasture.

6. Collapse Details

I would not count either Biden or Bernie out. They're dropping in the polls, but they're still leading; and Biden has two pretty good sources of solid support, 1) conservative/older Democrats and 2) Democrats who just want someone, anyone, to beat Trump and think Biden has the best chance (the "electability" voters). The latter could certainly change if Biden is weak in future debates (which is very possible, even likely), but even so he still has a pretty good base.

Bernie is pretty much running as a factional candidate but he actually has quite good favorables outside his base, and if Biden's support drops I suspect more of his people would move in the Bernie camp than seems intuitive thinking just in terms of left/right. They have different policies and different rhetoric but also have plenty in common (older, big names, white, male, Democrats), and the "Biden can beat Trump" people would look at the national polls and see Sanders polling next-best against Trump. (Sanders does poll next-best against Trump, largely because of his name recognition, but that's a pretty subtle point to appreciate. And the electability people are basically looking for a straight white guy anyway, which Sanders is and Harris, Warren, Booker and Buttigieg aren't.)

Not saying one of them will win; it certainly wouldn't surprise me if neither of them ended up making a real splash; but it also wouldn't surprise me if one of them did get nominated.
    Last edited by LopenUupunut; 07-04-2019 at 07:07 PM. Reason: typo

7. Collapse Details

Good points made there.
    I also forgot about Booker - he could emerge as the top one.

8. Collapse Details

It occurred to me the other day that if they could agree to cease quibbling over some questionable occurrences of the distant past, a Biden/Harris ticket would be very attractive to a lot of voters.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    It occurred to me the other day that if they could agree to cease quibbling over some questionable occurrences of the distant past, a Biden/Harris ticket would be very attractive to a lot of voters.
    I agree and Joe could step down in his third year

10. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    actually it doesnt even mattet how hard they hit each other now, there will be plenty of time for the two top candidates to join forces. But honestly, when that time comes I doubt dusty delaware Joe will be around .
    Last edited by user4; 07-04-2019 at 08:07 PM.