Facts, Not Fiction

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Ive already stated how I feel about McConnell, but the double-dealing that he and his wife may be doing is no worse than the double-dealing Bill and Hillary were doing when Hillary was Secretary of State.

In what way may I ask?
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bill...ry?id=30522705

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bill-cl...ess-1474408587

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    One article is based on the silly Clinton Cash and the other is on Former President Bill Clinton's speaking fees.......Okey Dokey.... by the way....neither is in office now or will be again....

3. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Jazz I know you dislike Hillary but I think you can do better than that...

4. Collapse Details

Bringing up Hillary with unfounded “both sides do it” bs is simply a diversion from dealing with the monster currently occupying the WH.
    Its hard for some to admit they made a mistake.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Jazz I know you dislike Hillary but I think you can do better than that...
    You may believe in giving Democrats a pass but I don't. I hold Democrats to the same standard that I hold Republicans to and I don't condone politicians using their positions for personal gain.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 07-04-2019 at 10:11 PM.

6. Collapse Details

The webcam at the top of the Washington Monument looking towards the Lincoln Memorial (the only camera which would show crowd size of Trump's boondoggle) has been disabled for the day.

No evidence of his tiny manhood (crowd) this time.

7. Collapse Details

My original post said NOTHING about support for Trump nor did I say any particular individual was as bad as Trump. Read it again.

If supporters of the Left can not possibly admit that there are lunatics, problems, corruption, poor programs, waste, problematic issues, etc...on that side, then nothing I can write here will change that. I don't need to do a line-item of these things. Are you actually saying Democrats/The Left are 100% right about everything and Republicans/Right are 100% wrong? If so, what's the point of discussing?

And since I consider this the most informed online board (by far) that I've ever been a part of I'd say that lack of admission of skeletons is avoidance/disingenuous.

People are so caught up in TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP that they forget other factors go into voting for a President, even one you can't stand and might be embarrassed of. A huge issue is the Supreme Court. My vote for Trump was actually a vote for "not a Democrat" because of Supreme Court nominations that would soon follow. I spent the whole primary run-up hoping and voting for anyone other than Trump. I did my part to that point. I wish he could somehow be challenged in the upcoming election by a more stable, respected Republican. We don't always get what we want.

ALSO, ALSO!! One gets tired of being called a Racist, Nazi immigrant hater. My wife and kids would be oh so surprised to find out my dark secrets!
    Last edited by scottmitchell74; 07-04-2019 at 09:25 PM.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

8. Collapse Details

No one forced you to vote for Twitler. You did it knowing what you knew of him - multiple bankruptcies, hatred of Latinos and African-Americans and women, money laundering for the Russians and drug cartels, almost two-dozen women accusing him of sexual assault, admitting on tape that he randomly assaulted women.

You bought it, you own it.

Money laundering for the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.

So much crime so little time.
    Last edited by booond; 07-04-2019 at 09:31 PM.

9. Collapse Details

Semantics. I voted party for my reasons. Like I said earlier (people only read what they want) I swallowed the bitter pill that is Trump. Let me know when your perfect, Messianic candidate rolls along, I'll vote for him/her.

What the Left has NOT YET grasped is that brow-beating exactly like the above post had a HUGE affect on the last election. People are tired of being told how evil they are. Okay? Understand? I live in very conservative W. Texas and that was a recurring theme. Utter fatigue of the screaming coming from the Left that if "you don't think EXACTLY like we think you're a NAZI!"

Keep it up...and be surprised again.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

10. Collapse Details

My parents are both 95+yo. Lifelong Republicans, mostly, but of a type closer to Abraham Lincoln than present-day realities. I feel sorry for them in this context, since 2016. They worked really hard, for themselves and their communities, and always took extra steps to take care of vulnerable people. Oh well, I guess it was another disappointment, but one especially hard for them to stomach.

In any case, my mother had a mild stroke a few months ago -- mostly recovered, thankfully, but she does have trouble accessing proper names. In one of her 'cognitive functioning' assessments recently she was asked to name the current President. She replied, "I can't remember his name, but I know I don't like him."