Facts, Not Fiction

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TN1965 View Post
    If it is a matter of you conscience, you could have voted for Gary Johnson, or any other third party candidate.
    Oh, and not have a president who spends tens millions of tax dollars on a July 4th pageant, why would we want that.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TN1965 View Post
    If it is a matter of you conscience, you could have voted for Gary Johnson, or any other third party candidate.
    You're right and I considered that long and hard...can't go back now.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

3. Collapse Details

See how boooond gets personal?

You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    Oh, and not have a president who spends tens millions of tax dollars on a July 4th pageant, why would we want that.
    Could have set up shelters for homeless veterans.

5. Collapse Details

Lots of opinions here on Trump for and against. I see him as a person I would not want my children or anyone's children for that matter, listening to, or observing. He treats people like dirt, he is rude, condescending, arrogant, dishonest.....how about just plain sleazy?

The thought of being in the same room is, ugh.... If the man won't model behavior that demonstrates decency, he should not be a leader. However, this is 2019.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    OK, I'll wade into this cess-pool of an annual forum . . . .

It's hard to fault Trump for wanting to celebrate one of America's greatest holidays (Memorial Day and Veteran's Day are pretty cool too, though they seem redundant - whether you lost you lost your life or not, thank you for serving), but I hate the idea of vaunting our military technology. It's all meant to kill people; why would we cheer for a tank or a missile or any weapon, for that matter? Cheer for the people who serve, not the means by which we can annihiliate masses of people. We are not Hitler or the Soviets. Have a Blue Angels show to show the great skills these pilots have. I love the roar of their engines when they go straight up in after-burner! It's sounds like . . . freedom . . . not death and destruction.

Plus, I don't trust for one second that he won't turn his speech at the Lincoln Memorial into a political rant.

My 20 years in a combat arm of the Navy makes me proud, but I do not celebrate war or death. We don't need to glorify the machines of it.
    Is putting the military hardware on display an imitation of North Korea, Russia and China, or is it traditional in the US as well? Trump seems to admire Putin and Kim.

I agree that it is the people who serve who should be celebrated. Thanks for making that point.
    Last edited by trackCanuck; 07-05-2019 at 12:17 AM.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Is putting the military hardware on display an imitation of North Korea, Russia and China, or is it traditional in the US as well? Trump seems to admire Putin and Kim.
    Trump got the idea in France on Bastille Day. He absolutely envies Putin, Kim, and bin Salman, because they are all autocrats who brook no contradiction. He wants absolute power, which is why he keeps firing all the people he's put in important positions. They wouldn't, as Dany would say, bend the knee.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    Could have set up shelters for homeless veterans.
    We are judged by how we treat those who've tripped and fallen. As for veterans we've failed over and over.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Trump got the idea in France on Bastille Day. He absolutely envies Putin, Kim, and bin Salman, because they are all autocrats who brook no contradiction. He wants absolute power, which is why he keeps firing all the people he's put in important positions. They wouldn't, as Dany would say, bend the knee.
    Sounds like he'd enjoy being able to perform public executions.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Sounds like he'd enjoy being able to perform public executions.
    The way he threatens Iran, I have no doubt this is true (plus, he tends to look the other way on executions performed by his "friends").