Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LopenUupunut View Post
    Undoubtedly; but you still wouldn't like it if it happened to you here.

It would be a pity to lose either bambam or Gabriella over this; but Gabriella does need to put the hot shit in a very cool freezer and stop casting aspersions.
    when someone attacks like Gabriella did I would say it is not a pity to lose her from this blog

2. Collapse Details

unacceptable post; you're lucky you don't join Gabriella on vacation--gh
    Last edited by gh; 07-03-2019 at 04:06 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    when someone attacks like Gabriella did I would say it is not a pity to lose her from this blog
    i believe Gabriella is a he

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    I think people take things way too much to heart on this board because they don't seem to have ever spent much time on no-holds-barred message boards like I have.

If they had done, this whole "kerfuffle" would be viewed as nothing more than genteel banter compared to the full on attacks that are a regular occurrence.

It's clear that Gabriella2 brings a lot of thought and a different view to sporting analysis but clearly, on a couple of topics has brought too much personal feeling to the board and posting quality has been overwhelmed by it.

If both have a time out, calm down, I'd be happy to see both back on this declining message board, thus saving me the effort of having to do a hell of a lot more reading to replace their input.
    I get you and I'm a member of several shoot from the hip boards as well. This isn't one of them and it is well defined that it isn't.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    It certainly wouldn't be a pity to see attacks like this stop; but Gabriella has plenty of good T&F stuff to offer, just as bambam does, and that's what we're all supposed to be here for.

Have drama and Gabriella historically gone together - yes, and a lot of people have been rubbed the wrong way by that history as is very visible here; but often it's just been controversial views and an outspoken tone without getting this ugly. I don't mind him airing unpopular views as long as there's plenty of good track stuff to go with it and the arguments don't get personalized this way.

(But then, I also think it's a pity that eldrick doesn't post here anymore.)

6. Collapse Details

I find the decision to siphon off this sub thread quite bizarre, if the moderator didnít like some of the original comments why didnít they deal with it there and then. This sub thread has resulted in more vitriol

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by treadwater1 View Post
    I find the decision to siphon off this sub thread quite bizarre, if the moderator didn’t like some of the original comments why didn’t they deal with it there and then. This sub thread has resulted in more vitriol
    Threads which go off the rails from the topic at hand (the Pre Meet itself in this case) are often "siphoned" off to separate threads including moving it to the more appropriate off topic forum.

8. Collapse Details

O.K., KK is painfully thin. I seem to recall that the likes of Rozsavolgyi and Norporth were referred to as painfully thin (and balding too). But anorexia wasn't part of the lexicon back then. If it had been, then it could very well have been applied to them too. There has been great concern in recent years about female athletes (not to mention models and girls in general) being anorexic. To infer that anyone who points this out on this board is a sexist engaged in body shaming is to make a generalization not worthy of answering.

9. Collapse Details

I wonder if anyone is concerned that Yomif Kejelcha is too thin. (He is 186cm/58kg according to Wiki.)

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    i believe Gabriella is a he
    ok...my bad.