Facts, Not Fiction

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bad hammy View Post
    Got me curious about the longevity of the marks of one of the greats, Carl Lewis.

His best 100 is number 108 on the performance list, the best 200 is no. 50. In the long jump, on the other hand, he has 13 of the top 25 marks, holding down nos. 3, 5, 6 (2) & 8 in the top 10.
    How many of his marks are in the top 10 if ancillary marks are counted.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Per Andersen View Post
    Yeah, I sure like her. I see they have corrected her height now from 1.65 to 1.81. Makes way more sense.
    Cunningham also went over 2m but she had 1.99 already 3 years ago. This should make her the 7th American over 2.00.
    Mahuchikh also had a 1.99 indoors, this January. She is somewhat inconsistent, with this sequence of marks in 2019: 1.96i, 1.99i, 1.96i, 1.90i, nh (1.84)i, 1.96 Doha, 1.83 Stockholm, 1.85 Oslo, 2.00 Stanford. Yesterday, she had a miss at 1.79; she was WAY over the bar but came down on it, and her miss at 1.92 was similar.

Ukraine is very rich in women HJers right now, with Levchenko, Mahuchikh, Herashchenko, Okuneva, Chumachenko all at 1.92 or better.

We were sitting in section 7, row 5, and couldn't see the HJ pit at all, but we could see the info board. We had a great view of the SP, and not much else. It was definitely the worst view of a meet I've ever experienced. Fortunately, I recorded the NBC telecast and have all the streams on NBC Gold. After we got home Monday, I watched W HJ in its entirety. Vashti was quite subdued in her celebration after clearing TWO, but Mahuchikh showed unrestrained joy.

Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    Ukraine is very rich in women HJers right now, with Levchenko, Mahuchikh, Herashchenko, Okuneva, Chumachenko all at 1.92 or better.
    They have been historically strong on both men's and women's side, with people like Brumel or Yashchenko.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

4. Collapse Details

To be fair to Gabriella, this thread took a vicious and nasty turn when some posters went after a certain middle distance runner.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AS View Post
    Benjamin's 47.16 makes him only man other than Edwin Moses with >1 performance in the Top 10 all-time M400mH performances.

Benjamin has =#3 and #9.
    Moses has =#3, #7, #8, #10
    Young, Samba, Bronson and Matete have one each

Young was bumped down to #11 by Benjamin's effort

Source: http://www.alltime-athletics.com/m_400hok.htm

Benjamin's next best performance is outside the top 50 alltime, whereas Moses has 14, Samba 6, Young 5, Sanchez 4
    That simply underscores Moses' greatness!

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    To be fair to Gabriella, this thread took a vicious and nasty turn when some posters went after a certain middle distance runner.
    the only nasty turn was a personal attack by the afformentioned no-longer-among-us poster

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    the only nasty turn was a personal attack by the afformentioned no-longer-among-us poster
    Not that my opinion matters, but I second the above opinion! Like a certain someone said: "...negativity won't pull you through"

8. Collapse Details

Not to mention Avdeyenko, Protsenko, Krymarenko and Senyukov.

9. Collapse Details

Any consensus on why the mens 400, womens 100 and mens 110 hurdles was so slow? I thought it might have been the track but the mens 100m and mens 400m hurdles showed otherwise. I was there in the stands and the wind was completely still. It wasn't that hot either. Maybe 80s. Seemed really really strange. Maybe they all had a poor warm up area???

10. Collapse Details

Administrator
    gusty winds