Facts, Not Fiction

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    JG stays healthy he is in 2nd spot on 4x1
    Coleman-Gatlin-Norman-Lyles 😳🔥💨💨

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    Happy they showed more than one throw and stayed on the event for the last few throws. Romani had quite a day.
    I was focusing on Walsh and Crouser and was distracted by something else when Romani got his first PR/AR. I did see his next two. Wow! That was VERY impressive throwing.

He was named the meet's outstanding athlete and that was deserved. And it certainly changes the form chart for Doha.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    Crap! Norman in lane 4. They should have put him in lane 6.
    Given who he is and what he has done, my guess is that they put him in the lane he asked to be put in.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I really hope the US can get the stick around the track in Doha..... No one will be close.
    I would say there is a 70% chance they will get it around, and a 40% chance that they will get it around efficiently. But even if they don't, they could still win.

5. Collapse Details
    Red face
    The Meet was excellent as always, despite what must have been some significant challenges due to the temporary venue change, what with meet management being in Eugene.

Pleasant surprise: That dang palm tree that has significantly blocked views from many of the permanent stands was gone!

Entry line was a long nightmare, longer than I’ve ever encountered at a USOT or Worlds. Stanford Guest Services was apparently enforcing an unannounced ban on a number of items, while no university website mentions such a policy. In fact, the websites are quite clear that their clear bag policy applies only to the football and basketball facilities.
    Last edited by Charley Shaffer; 07-07-2019 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Grammar and spelling

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Crap! Norman in lane 4. They should have put him in lane 6.
    i'm relatively certain that Norman had the juice to get whatever lane he wanted.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    i'm relatively certain that Norman had the juice to get whatever lane he wanted.
    he said he is fighting a cold and did not feel his best!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Shaffer View Post
    Entry line was a long nightmare, longer than I’ve ever encountered at a USOT or Worlds. Stanford Guest Services was apparently enforcing an unannounced ban on a number of items,
    The size of the items may also have been significant. I saw one guy stopped at the gate because the one bag that he had was too big. Over the size limit, the gatekeeper said. She didn't specify what that limit was but the bag was a backpack that, from its bulky appearance, looked as if it could have had a basketball inside. Rather than argue or try to reduce the contents, he said he was going back to his car, presumably to get a smaller bag or figure out how else to get what he really needed to have with him into the stadium.

9. Collapse Details

All that hype for just an average race..........
    That is the exact same thing I was thinking. When the announcers were saying we might see a world record, or something in the low 43s, I was thinking to myself, come on guys, it ain't gonna happen.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Klingon View Post
    That is the exact same thing I was thinking. When the announcers were saying we might see a world record, or something in the low 43s, I was thinking to myself, come on guys, it ain't gonna happen.
    I generally think the same thing but we have to realize that it's their job to promote something like that for TV. Especially considering Norman is very likely on WR watch whether we think it will happen or will not, he is close. It's not like they are saying we might see a WR in the women's 200 or even 100m