Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    That's 35+ masters record for Gatlin, breaking his own 9.92.
    He's sticking around just long enough to break Kim Collins' 40+ WR of 9.93, which was Collins' PR. He'll be 40 in 2022. No other 40-year-old has broken 10.00.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LopenUupunut View Post
    Great series from Romani, 22.37 4th best.
    Happy they showed more than one throw and stayed on the event for the last few throws. Romani had quite a day.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella2 View Post
    Let's bookmark that. She's been on the podium in 14,15,16, 17 & 18. She's switched coach again and was injured in March. She has 12 weeks. And she was .2 behind DAD compared to .4 in her last race. I'll bet she is definitely on the podium in Doha.
    Yeah, agree...a little premature. Schippers has a really long time to work herself back into the mix with no tough trials to contend with and the w200 in Doha not until the first week of October I think!

Okagbare looked very good, but her inconsistency is maddening. She'll run a 22.6 next time out if her history is any indication and then flop out when it matters. Hoping I'm wrong, when she's on, she's really on and there aren't many who can match her top end speed.

4. Collapse Details

Romani has a 61 cm or 2 foot pr today. Got every record but the world record. Doha should be exciting.

5. Collapse Details

Gatlin!! To be honest, I didn't see that coming. I thought sub-10 but not that.

Dibaba didn't blow a tire, she PR'd, just got beat by people going even faster.

Weird slow sprint times...until the men's 100.

Distance races have been nice.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    Yeah, agree...a little premature. Schippers has a really long time to work herself back into the mix with no tough trials to contend with and the w200 in Doha not until the first week of October I think!

Okagbare looked very good, but her inconsistency is maddening. She'll run a 22.6 next time out if her history is any indication and then flop out when it matters. Hoping I'm wrong, when she's on, she's really on and there aren't many who can match her top end speed.
    Schippers may have some time to get it together but she couldn't even beat Prandini today...her great top end speed was a couple of years ago...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ztrappity View Post
    The US now has three sub 9.90 in the 100m...could drop something special in the 4x1.
    If we can get the baton around the track. And that's a big if.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post

And she did it from lane 8. Just saying.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ztrappity View Post
    The US now has three sub 9.90 in the 100m...could drop something special in the 4x1.
    The baton?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Klingon View Post
    And she did it from lane 8. Just saying.
    My reaction was, "who the hell is that," before I realized it was Okagbare and it made me happy to see. The Women's sprints were great fields and surprising finishes.