Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    No worse than Florida in the summer!
    who the hell is going to FL in the summer?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    But it sure exacerbates it!
    that's why I love going to Dodger games: the fans around you usually are pretty ambivalent about the game...it is just being there that counts...and checking out the babes in the $1000 seats....no pontificating!!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    Absolutely! Please don't come here in the summer - it's awful. Y'all would hate it. The too-sandy beaches, the lack of snow. Too sunny. Shorts and a t-shirt every stinkin' day. Seriously, do yourself a favor, don't come, even in the winter - it's worse in the winter. I've HATED living here for the past 27 years - can't imagine why I'm still here - stay away!!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Absolutely! Please don't come here in the summer - it's awful. Y'all would hate it. The too-sandy beaches, the lack of snow. Too sunny. Shorts and a t-shirt every stinkin' day. Seriously, do yourself a favor, don't come, even in the winter - it's worse in the winter. I've HATED living here for the past 27 years - can't imagine why I'm still here - stay away!!
    Well, I was just in the Miami, Miami Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and heck I even hit up Jupiter Florida. At 9:00am in the morning on Saturday I ventured down to South Beach and was immediately blown away by four 6 foot plus gorgeous women in bikinis playing beach volleyball. From there I ventured down to the ocean to check out the view. I then drove around the beach and the city and was totally blown away by the highways, waterways, bridges and high rises that all had a surprise around every corner. The only drawback was the 95+ temperatures and 80% humidity.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by eman2001 View Post
    The only drawback was the 95+ temperatures and 80% humidity.
    The only reason we spend ANY time outside in the summer (other than from car AC to building AC) is to go to the beach or the pool. The only reason we go outside in the winter is for any reason at all, cuz it's always nice. I've lived in New England, California, and points in between. I'll take FLA every time.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    In Minnesota now...dying from the humidity and 90s..even though I grew up on it.....pretty on the lake however... take Eugene dry weather any time...
    In Madison we have not had temps above about 86 nor dew points above 72

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    The 2020 USATF Junior Olympics for one.

8. Collapse Details

U20 was just in Miramar and NCAA D1 in Austin, TX. The NC weather is no worse than either location and often much better. Plus, if you have a big meet at App State, it's in the 70s all summer long, albiet in a small town like Eugene.

9. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MJR View Post
    ...Plus, if you have a big meet at App State, it's in the 70s all summer long, albiet in a small town like Eugene.
    just so we're clear, is that "70s" as in Fahrenheit, or "70s" as in the decade? :-)

10. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Halfmiler2;2709253]The 2020 USATF Junior Olympics for one.[/QUO

well, I'm sure the athletes will just love competing in that heat and humidity. Why do people make such dumb decisions?