Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    The implicit assumption, that a time on a 2019 track means anything in comparing sprinters across decades is a very bad one.

Ill offer to you what should be obvious, that both Bobby Morrow in 1956 and Dave Sime in 1960 would have left this wonderful kid in the dust in the semis.
    Last edited by user4; 06-26-2019 at 06:26 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    I hate this thread already, lol.

Seriously though, if a White American ran a 9.85 our media would treat the poor guy like he was f-ing Roger Bannister : )
    Totally agree with you Beebee. Boling is a wonderful athlete and I hope he can go on and be truly world class. However, if he was a black kid, he would merit a passing comment and certainly would not have been front page news in NZ.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    The implicit assumption, that a time on a 2019 track means anything in comparing sprinters across decades is a very bad one.

Ill offer to you what should be obvious, that both Bobby Morrow in 1956 and Dave Sime in 1960 would have left this wonderful kid in the dust in the semis.
    but would they have left him in the dust as 18 year olds?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    but would they have left him in the dust as 18 year olds?
    Too close to call.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    Totally agree with you Beebee. Boling is a wonderful athlete and I hope he can go on and be truly world class. However, if he was a black kid, he would merit a passing comment and certainly would not have been front page news in NZ.
    You got it! Remember all the stuff about Lemaitre a few years ago. Nobody gave a damn about Vicaut.

6. Collapse Details

Unless we have significant DNA testing the white-black designation is complete idiocy. And a bit racist, too. African-Americans on average are 24% European (white) due to the massive amount of rape of female slaves. This also means many African-Americans are a true mix of European, sub-Saharan African.

Picking out ancestry from the stands is a guessing game. What isn't a guessing game is why we still care.

Trentavis Friday ran 10.00 as a high schooler. Hopefully Boling's career works out better.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    Unless we have significant DNA testing the white-black designation is complete idiocy. And a bit racist, too. African-Americans on average are 24% European (white) due to the massive amount of rape of female slaves. This also means many African-Americans are a true mix of European, sub-Saharan African.

Picking out ancestry from the stands is a guessing game. What isn't a guessing game is why we still care.

Trentavis Friday ran 10.00 as a high schooler. Hopefully Boling's career works out better.
    Interesting "statistics"...too bad they are only used when it suits you : (
    I'd like to know where are these stats regarding incarceration, employment, healthcare, etc.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    Interesting "statistics"...too bad they are only used when it suits you : (
    I'd like to know where are these stats regarding incarceration, employment, healthcare, etc.
    Not sure how it suits me to point out that race is not cut and dried. You may be drawing an opinion that I don't hold.

9. Collapse Details

And a bit racist, too.
    A bit?! This is 19th Century thought. Apparently having any sub-Saharan blood makes you 'black'? Even if three grandparents are 'white'? 'Black' in this instance is based solely on appearance. This is (sorry to be blunt) total BS.
    Last edited by Atticus; 06-27-2019 at 05:46 PM.

10. Collapse Details

I hate to detract from a great topic, but
    what ever became of the mega talent Friday? He was the real deal.