Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by andyjgt View Post
    I agree there entirely Powell, but one person who actually does like the new format is Bondarenko himself...mind you he does say he has had to reduce the number of attempts he takes in "regular" competitions too since his injury.
    The fact he said he liked it doesn't necessarily mean he actually believes it. From what I understand, the statement came from an interview done for the purpose of promoting these Games. Under these circumstances, most athletes will say what they're expected to say.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    The fact he said he liked it doesn't necessarily mean he actually believes it. From what I understand, the statement came from an interview done for the purpose of promoting these Games. Under these circumstances, most athletes will say what they're expected to say.
    As will most business men/women, politicians, entertainers, and anyone else promoting a product, event, or cause.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Innovation is sometimes good. Some elements of innovation are better than others. It looks to me as if these field event innovations are not ready for prime time.
    Innovation is just a new way of doing things, a change - it could be good, it could be bad.

Improvement or reform is a change for the better - that would be good but we are not seeing any of that.

Everybody should hold politicians, including IAAF ones, to account for conflating the different phrases.

4. Collapse Details

Faster ... Higher ... Stronger ... and better at guessing what height you will clear in the HJ.

I think there should be a willingness to experiment, especially in forums where little is at stake. But when a 1.94 beats a 2.28, or with the field event format used in some meets, where a WR throw or jump in the first round means nothing in the last round, well that's ridiculous.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bobguild76 View Post
    Faster ... Higher ... Stronger ... and better at guessing what height you will clear in the HJ.

I think there should be a willingness to experiment, especially in forums where little is at stake. But when a 1.94 beats a 2.28, or with the field event format used in some meets, where a WR throw or jump in the first round means nothing in the last round, well that's ridiculous.
    Amen!!!!!!

6. Collapse Details

How's that Nitro meet doing in Australia?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fortius19 View Post
    How's that Nitro meet doing in Australia?
    It bolted..

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Vault-emort View Post
    It bolted..
    Wimbledon clap for you sir.

Some Aussie car guys replicated the entire Nitro series in a much more compact and entertaining form: https://youtu.be/o5TXpvBPMK8?t=45