Facts, Not Fiction

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella2 View Post
    So if Bowie is now in the 100 and not the 200, and after her interview online implying she is targeting the 100/LJ in Doha, it looks like she is dropping the 200 this season, which is a shame.
    If I must say so, dropping the 200 (which she might do in 2020), after a 21.77 PR at the 2017 Pre, might be as bad a move as was for Carolina Klüft to drop the heptathlon in 2008 for the LJ (9th in Beijing), after posting a PR of 7,032 the year before, with only Jackie (x6) ahead of her.

2. Collapse Details

Curious to see her form this year, but I agree her best chances were in the w200, with probably only DAS and Schippers as legit challengers, but dependent on what Elaine Thompson decides.

In the 100, everyone wants to show up for that event - it being the glory event and occuring first in the schedule. It will be stacked - SAFP, ET, DAS, Ta Lou, Ahoure, Schippers, the list goes on.

3. Collapse Details
    Ticket
    I have a single ticket to the Pre Classic that I cannot use - a decent seat in Sec 3. I won’t be able to make to the west coast this weekend. I would be happy to give it to another fan. Open to anyone, but even better if you know someone who couldn’t/wouldn’t otherwise buy one. Just please use it, don’t sell it.

Send a Private Message, and I can arrange to email the PDF ticket for printing.

4. Collapse Details

Given how virtually every event is loaded and the previous DL meeting in Rabat was meh, IAAF should demote Rabat and have another DL meeting in USA on that weekend or the next weekend. With these great athletes competing and proper marketing it could be a huuuuuge success...Mt. Sac. in June not too hot! low 80's on the same weekend as Rabat. Have meet start at 6PM on Sat evening.
    Last edited by thedoorknobbroke; 06-28-2019 at 01:28 AM.

5. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    They had another DL meet in the US...New York...few went...it died...

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    Given how virtually every event is loaded and the previous DL meeting in Rabat was meh, IAAF should demote Rabat and have another DL meeting in USA on that weekend or the next weekend. With these great athletes competing and proper marketing it could be a huuuuuge success...Mt. Sac. in June not too hot! low 80's on the same weekend as Rabat. Have meet start at 6PM on Sat evening.
    They are already scheduled to remove 2 meets from the diamond league schedule.

7. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    A DL meet in Mt. Sac? Who would sponsor it?

8. Collapse Details

I didn't realize this event isn't in Eugene this year. Changes my expectations as far as the Jamaican 100m national record is concerned.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    Curious to see her form this year, but I agree her best chances were in the w200, with probably only DAS and Schippers as legit challengers, but dependent on what Elaine Thompson decides.

In the 100, everyone wants to show up for that event - it being the glory event and occuring first in the schedule. It will be stacked - SAFP, ET, DAS, Ta Lou, Ahoure, Schippers, the list goes on.
    Her best chance was in the 200? THE DEFENDING CHAMP IN THE 100? you are patiently afflicted with bias lol.

10. Collapse Details

I think a better argument would be that the 200 isn’t as stacked as the 100. In the 100 you have at least 6 top candidates and an additional 3 or 4 (not including Bowie) that can really be a spoiler.

The 200 seems like an easier fit for Bowie and I think she’s naturally better at it. Also from a depth perspective.... there are really only 4 persons (Thompson, Schippers, Ta Lou and Asher-Smith) that are clear front runners. Literally no one else of note if you ask me.