Facts, Not Fiction

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Yes that would be a fine thing...though I can't imagine anyone soon butting heads with Nike with a DL meet within a couple of weeks of Pre on the West Coast...

2. Collapse Details

I'll put my hand up and say I'm guilty of writing Bowie off at this point in time. Mainly because SAFP and Thompson are in their best form ever, and Bowie isn't (based on her recent street race). Bowie tore her hamstring last season as well as change coaches twice. I think she's been through the mill a bit. She does have the luxury of not having to peak for the 100 at her NCs, and she does have plenty of time to get into form before Doha, but I don't see the low 10.7 she needs to beat the Jamaicans.

Re Richardson, I don't see how she can hold form until Doha, and I don't know enough about her or her coach to k ow whether they can peak again later in the year after a heavy season at the start. For that reason, I rule her out.

So on this day in June, I am saying SAFP and Thompson are my joint favourites for gold in the 100. But as FlyingPigdog states, it's a year long season and I reserve the right to change my mind

Re Schippers, I don't see her as a better contender for 100 gold over Bowie at all, just that she can never be dismissed and is always a medal threat. The 200 is her better event of course, but she and Bowie are both championship performers. Bowie is the only woman to have medalled in the last 3 major 100s - Beijing, Rio, London. Schippers is the only one who has medalled in the 200 in each of those. These women are consistent.

I'm just sad/mad that it would appear too many are forsaking the 200 or double for the 100. Doesn't make any sense to me

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    note that list is as of 2017

for a more update list go to the Pre records page

https://preclassic.runnerspace.com/e...90&page_id=827
    Should see new stadium records left, right, and center.

4. Collapse Details

In a nice gesture to kick off the Pre meet tomorrow, Stanford was awarded the 2019 Learfield IMG College Directors' Cup today, "extending its streak to 25 consecutive seasons of winning the award, presented to the most successful intercollegiate athletic department in the nation." [paloaltoonline.com]

1. Stanford 1,567.75 pts
    2. Michigan 1,272.25
    3. Florida 1,156.75
    4. Texas 1,148.5
    5. USC 1,075.75

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    start lists now posted (even if it says they're not)

6. Collapse Details

I always appreciate PRE's insistence of using flashresults for the results, similar to the one used for NCAAs. The default diamond league one is too laggy for my liking.

7. Collapse Details

For those of us in New Hampshire, what is the TV schedule for the Pre Meet - when and on what channel(s)?

8. Collapse Details

Getting excited!
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

9. Collapse Details

Salivating!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    for those of us in new hampshire, what is the tv schedule for the pre meet - when and on what channel(s)?
    nbc 4-6 edt