Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    it's about that stem cell documentary
    Administrator

2. Collapse Details

They have said that the hundreds of providers treating patients at for-profit clinics are selling “snake oil” products that are worthless and potentially unsafe. No stem cell therapy currently sold at for-profit clinics has been approved by the FDA.
    I laugh every time I hear the local radio commercial for 'stem cell hair replacement therapy'. PT Barnum would be proud.

3. Collapse Details

I just accepted 2 review articles for J Shoulder and Elbow Surgery on biologics in shoulder / elbow therapy (biologics = stem cells +/- platelet-rich plasma = PRP). These were written by 2 orthopaedic experts in biologic therapy and in response to all these stem cell clinics going up that are making unsubstantiated claims for wonder drug status.

Having said that, I think that biologics will be very important, some day, but they are not close to that status yet. Currently, in the US, there are multiple problems with them politically, which is why you hear about NBA players going to Germany to get stem cell treatments for their knees, etc.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    stem cells +/- platelet-rich plasma
    Oh yeah, that's the other catch-phrase in the hair commercials!