Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    Dynamic New Athletics - Minsk , June 23-28th
    Are you ready for one more try to appeal to a younger audience?

I honestly haven't looked up all the rules, particularly on field events. I hope there won't be strictly limited number of attempts.

What I am eager to see is the last event, which is supposed to be some kind of pursuit race (Gundersen-like) based on the points from all previous events.

24 European teams will be competing.

2. Collapse Details

I'm happy Sweden is not sending athletes to this.

3. Collapse Details

The original program of the 'trackathlon' was even sillier, with a tyre-pull race or something of the sort. But it's silly enough as it is. Poland is sending a team, but it's a very weak one, with none of the country's best in attendance. I think very few countries are taking it seriously, even though there are good ranking points to be earned, which could matter for OG qualifying purposes.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

4. Collapse Details

I still don't get how more field events will be finished inside two-hour span, one after the other!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Poland is sending a team, but it's a very weak one, with none of the country's best in attendance. I think very few countries are taking it seriously, even though there are good ranking points to be earned, which could matter for OG qualifying purposes.
    Yup, looking at entries it seems BLR-UKR-RUS could easily be top 3. Nevertheless, I'm interested in that final pursuit relay.

6. Collapse Details

Did I get this right.. today after all the 24 teams have finished, they're gonna award medals to the top three individuals/relays in each of the 9 disciplines.. how are they gonna determine medals in field events?

And on Friday, are they gonna award medals to top three teams?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackfieldfan View Post
    Did I get this right.. today after all the 24 teams have finished, they're gonna award medals to the top three individuals/relays in each of the 9 disciplines.. how are they gonna determine medals in field events?

And on Friday, are they gonna award medals to top three teams?
    Well, I guess you saw how they determined individual medals in field events or races. Based on the highest, longest achievement or best time, although those individuals didn't necessarily compete against each other. UTTERLY STUPID!

The idea of this as a team competition is fine but nothing more!

8. Collapse Details

And while I'm not a fan of mixed relays at all, I liked the way that last event was starting.

I'd like to see a couple of heptathlon 800s run in this way, just to see how that would turn out. Handicap seconds based on points from six previous events.