Facts, Not Fiction

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

22.52 in the 200 hts from SAFP. A leisurely 22.98 from ET.

SAFP has only run faster 8 times over 3 seasons (2015, 2013, 2012). I wonder if she'll attempt the double in Doha?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    the hands-up in and of itself may not have cost her much/anything, but her lack of leanage certainly cost a thousandth or two.
    I think that you mean hundredth, not thousandth.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    ET is so damn fierce...she reminds me of Gwen Torrence...
    I don't think she likes her competitors, even her countrywomen lol.
    She's sung SAFP's praised on many occasions, and has also been supportive of Williams, so what gives you that impression?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella2 View Post
    22.52 in the 200 hts from SAFP. A leisurely 22.98 from ET.

SAFP has only run faster 8 times over 3 seasons (2015, 2013, 2012). I wonder if she'll attempt the double in Doha?
    I believe she said not long ago that she wants to, but that the decision will be up to her coach, as usual. I have read that both SAFP and Thompson will be focusing on the 100m this year and doubling next year, but not from any official sources.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Paced View Post
    She's sung SAFP's praised on many occasions, and has also been supportive of Williams, so what gives you that impression?

I believe she said not long ago that she wants to, but that the decision will be up to her coach, as usual. I have read that both SAFP and Thompson will be focusing on the 100m this year and doubling next year, but not from any official sources.
    I agree what a strange assessment of Elaine Thompson. Even after her global championship races the last few years, I have seen her going and hugging all her fellow competitors - both other Jamaicans and even others like Bowie, Schippers, etc. She certainly does not come across as someone who doesn't like her competitors.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Paced View Post

Please don't read too much into my comment friend, I only meant from a competition sense. Some people here are ultra sensitive. I thought that she was a bit dismissive of SAFP after the race and have seen her do similar to Schippers multiple times. For the record ET(who I actually complimented) and Bowie are my two personal favorites, I hope they come 1-2 at the WC.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella2 View Post
    A leisurely 22.98 from ET.
    Let's not start that crap again. There was nothing leisurely about it. She ran a good controlled, relaxed race (which is, of course, exactly what everyone should be trying to do). Calling it leisurely (aka 'jogging') insults her and her effort.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    Please don't read too much into my comment friend, I only meant from a competition sense. Some people here are ultra sensitive. I thought that she was a bit dismissive of SAFP after the race and have seen her do similar to Schippers multiple times. For the record ET(who I actually complimented) and Bowie are my two personal favorites, I hope they come 1-2 at the WC.
    I didn't think you were being derogatory, I was just curious if there was something I'd missed. Thompson was very emotional immediately after the race, hence why she wasn't interacting much with anyone else straight away, but there's no Coleman/Lyles animosity between them, they've been friends for years (just off the track lol).

The Flying Pigdog is right about her being friendly towards others post-race on the circuit too. The WC 2015 is the only occasion I can recall where she didn't really acknowledge Schippers post-race, but again I think she was just in her own world trying to process what had happened. But yeah, she's fierce as hell on the track, a trait a few of the top women seem to share.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Let's not start that crap again. There was nothing leisurely about it. She ran a good controlled, relaxed race (which is, of course, exactly what everyone should be trying to do). Calling it leisurely (aka 'jogging') insults her and her effort.
    Must say, I totally agree with you.

9. Collapse Details

That was a very easy 22.5 from Shelly. Dare I say she looks capable of finally going sub 22.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    "Controlled" and "relaxed" don't do justice to how much more she appears to have in the tank (my guess: she'll drop more than a second off in the final). It describes how easy her run was and the fact that she was not running all-out. One can run all-out and still be "relaxed."

10. Collapse Details

Why are you guys so damn sensitive about the use of the word leisurely. Surely you do understand that it is hyperbole. Much of a muchness IMO. That was an "I am going to do the bare minimum to win this race and go rest up for tomorrow's final" run. I wouldn't be surprised if they both go sub 22.2 tonight. As far as I know it should be Clayton, Salmon and Whyte on that 4x400m team as all are below 56 flat. Russell has looked flat all year so not surprised. Don't know why Rista left what appeared to be working fine for her but you never know what happens out of public knowledge.
    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore