Facts, Not Fiction

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DentyCracker View Post
    Speed. is there for the record. Elaine said after the 100m final "We've found our lead off" referring to Briana Williams. My personal preferred order is BW to SAFP to NW to ET. I believe Natalliah is a better curve runner than Jonielle
    Janeek Brown.

2. Collapse Details

So Bloomfield chose to not run the 400m, which he likely could have won, but runs the 200m and finishes 5th.

Anyone know the reasoning behind not running the 400?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Janeek Brown.
    AYE!! Don't waste committee time on the #1 selection! That would be an even bigger farce! The girl ran a NR 12.40 at the NCAA. Let the rest fight it out on the circuit; then make the selection by early-September.

4. Collapse Details

And what was the reaction time on Danielle Williams' false start? I haven't seen any video footage (yet), but I gather it was entirely reminiscent of Linford Christie (Atlanta 1996) and Jon Drummond (2003 World Champs) in the 100.

Does anyone here think the 3 who claimed injury were sandbagging in protest for the way the officials handled the race? For some reason, I don't blame them at all, given what I just read. If I were them, I wouldn't want to risk injury, either, at the chance of the officials once again fucking up the re-run.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    see report on home page
    forcing the organisers to abort everything all together.
    Referring to them as 'organisers' is bit much. Seems as though there was little organization at all. Could you imagine USATF trying to pull that scheisse?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    AYE!! Don't waste committee time on the #1 selection! That would be an even bigger farce! The girl ran a NR 12.40 at the NCAA. Let the rest fight it out on the circuit; then make the selection by early-September.
    I am so glad the U.S. does not select its Olympic/WC teams the way Jamaica does. Selection by committee??? So politics, favoritism, etc. does not come into play when its done that way? I know most of the rest of the world does it that way, but........SMH!!!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    I think Jamaica can take down the WR in the women's 4x1 this year, at least they have the speed to do it. Certainly by next year.
    Well, I will say to the Jamaicans the same thing I say to the Americans: Get the baton around the damn track first, and the world record, if it is to be, will take care of itself.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Referring to them as 'organisers' is bit much. Seems as though there was little organization at all. Could you imagine USATF trying to pull that scheisse?
    Probably would have lawsuits all over the place.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    They almost did, with the Jeneba Tarmoh/Allyson Felix affair in the 100 at the 2012 Olympic Trials. They were lucky they scheduled the run-off for the next day. But imagine if tonight's skirmish involved a race 400m or longer, and the officials whistled a false start while the runners were at the 150m mark...

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DentyCracker View Post
    Big farce in 100h. 2015 World Champ false starts. Holds up race for 20 min. Race eventuqally goes off, lane one doesn't hear the gun apparently, race called back after Janeek runs 90m flat out. Race abandoned team to be picked by committee. No I am not making this shit up.

110h Ronald Levy first Orlando Bennett second Andrew Riley third Hansle Parchment fourth
    Was Benny Hill the meet director?