Facts, Not Fiction

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

RANT
    Is it me or does it seem that some of the male Jamaican athletes and their handlers have decided that the turnaround between Doha and Tokyo is too short and have decided Doha is to be sacrificed on the altar of Tokyo. All I have to say about that is that tomorrow is promised to no one. With that said my expectations for Doha are now ZERO. Any medal garnered will be a bonus for me on the male side. Forget the men's 4x400 and 4x100. No medals there. I hope the sacrifice works but the 400m is a young man's game and it is easy to forget how to run 44 low and below. My hopes for a 4x400m WR are now shifted to Norman and company and it irks me a lot that my countrymen have decided on this particular route.
    END RANT
    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DentyCracker View Post
    RANT
    Is it me or does it seem that some of the male Jamaican athletes and their handlers have decided that the turnaround between Doha and Tokyo is too short and have decided Doha is to be sacrificed on the altar of Tokyo. All I have to say about that is that tomorrow is promised to no one. With that said my expectations for Doha are now ZERO. Any medal garnered will be a bonus for me on the male side. Forget the men's 4x400 and 4x100. No medals there. I hope the sacrifice works but the 400m is a young man's game and it is easy to forget how to run 44 low and below. My hopes for a 4x400m WR are now shifted to Norman and company and it irks me a lot that my countrymen have decided on this particular route.
    END RANT
    ??!!
    You are obviously under the impression that the men sprinters (but not the females) were unprepared to run fast. There is an alternative explanation, an Occam's Razor solution to this problem.

Or is that even more disappointing?

3. Collapse Details

Where are the results for the women's 200? 4th last event and there are results for races that took place after it.

4. Collapse Details

I was talking about certain camps seemingly giving up this year in the hope of doing better next year. Bloomfield, Allen, N. Whyte, R.Chambers are all basically from one camp

5. Collapse Details

ET 22.00, SAFP 22.26, Schillonie Calvert-Powell 22.96

6. Collapse Details

I think Jamaica can take down the WR in the women's 4x1 this year, at least they have the speed to do it. Certainly by next year.

7. Collapse Details

ET 22.00, SAFP 22.26, Schillonie Calvert-Powell 22.96
    Thanks!

8. Collapse Details

Big farce in 100h. 2015 World Champ false starts. Holds up race for 20 min. Race eventuqally goes off, lane one doesn't hear the gun apparently, race called back after Janeek runs 90m flat out. Race abandoned team to be picked by committee. No I am not making this shit up.

110h Ronald Levy first Orlando Bennett second Andrew Riley third Hansle Parchment fourth

9. Collapse Details

Speed. is there for the record. Elaine said after the 100m final "We've found our lead off" referring to Briana Williams. My personal preferred order is BW to SAFP to NW to ET. I believe Natalliah is a better curve runner than Jonielle

10. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Big farce in 100h. 2015 World Champ false starts. Holds up race for 20 min. Race eventuqally goes off, lane one doesn't hear the gun apparently, race called back after Janeek runs 90m flat out. Race abandoned team to be picked by committee. No I am not making this shit up....h
    see report on home page