Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 148
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Why is it ominous?
    It's faster than she normally runs in the first round at the national champs - she usually runs in the 11.2 - 11.3 range. The main exception is 2012, when she ran 11.02 in the first round, before running her 10.70 PB in the final, so this bodes well.

    On the radio stream (before it cut out) they said that she shut it down from around 40m out too, but I haven't seen the race to verify that.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    I thought you probably meant it bodes well, pretty much the opposite of ominous, unless it's very bad news for the rest of the field.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Paced View Post
    On the radio stream (before it cut out) they said that she shut it down from around 40m out too, but I haven't seen the race to verify that.
    So jammin's doing the commentary - that's good to know! Did he say if was worth 10.60 or 10.50 if she'd kept pushing?
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    16,062
    10.48 :d
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    I thought you probably meant it bodes well, pretty much the opposite of ominous, unless it's very bad news for the rest of the field.
    Yep! That's what I was implying, although Thompson is still capable of winning.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    So jammin's doing the commentary - that's good to know! Did he say if was worth 10.60 or 10.50 if she'd kept pushing?
    Sure it probably was an exaggeration, but you don't need to be in 10.6/10.5 shape to run an 11.08 shutting it down that early. I'm guessing this is in reference to something/someone though?
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by eightsevensix View Post
    The only athlete with a bye is McLeod and he goes in the 100m.
    Or not. No relay for him.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    12,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Paced View Post
    I'm guessing this is in reference to something/someone though?
    You won't here during the 'Jammer' era?

    Every Jamaican sprinter was jogging. The faster the time, the less they were trying. It was funny to begin with.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #18
    No Nathon Allen in the men’s 400m.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    You won't here during the 'Jammer' era?

    Every Jamaican sprinter was jogging. The faster the time, the less they were trying. It was funny to begin with.
    Ah! No wonder s/he's no longer around.

    Quote Originally Posted by eightsevensix View Post
    No Nathon Allen in the men’s 400m.
    Shame. Injury?
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    3,399
    Some dang fast semis on the women's side

    Heat 1 Semi-Finals Wind: -0.1
    1 #219 Shelly-Ann Fraser-P 33 Mvp M 10.93Q
    2 #277 jonielle smith 23 Puma Mvp Int M 11.16Q
    3 #432 Natalliah Whyte 22 Unattached M 11.20Q
    4 #410 Simone Facey 34 Unattached 11.34q
    5 #331 Gayon Evans 29 Sprintec 11.50
    6 #415 Samantha Henry-Robi 31 Unattached 11.52
    7 #257 Shavine Hodges 28 Oxy Athletics 11.61
    8 #263 Shimayra Williams 24 Pelican Track Club 11.62
    Heat 2 Semi-Finals Wind: 0.4
    1 #230 Elaine Thompson 27 Mvp M 10.89Q
    2 #433 Briana Williams 17 Unattached M 11.01Q
    3 #336 Natasha Morrison 27 Sprintec M 11.23Q
    4 #10 Schillonie Calvert-P 31 Altis 11.29q
    5 #332 Shashalee Forbes 23 Sprintec 11.48
    6 #207 Rene Medley 23 Lincoln University 11.49
    7 #419 Jura Levy 29 Unattached 11.54
    8 #406 Remona Burchell 28 Unattached 13.36
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •