Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    The Physics of the Pole Vault
    Here is a lecture that I'm sure all the geeks out there will love if they can get through the hour + long talk. Enjoy polevaultpower and whoever else ventures to endure the dissection!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH3JdGb0znc

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
    Here is a lecture that I'm sure all the geeks out there will love if they can get through the hour + long talk. Enjoy polevaultpower and whoever else ventures to endure the dissection!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH3JdGb0znc
    Ha! Just as mind-numbingly boring as all the other times I've had to listen to it in PV clinics. The overall 'effect' of the physics is intuitively obvious; hearing the science doesn't help coach or compete in the event. The week-long USATF Coaching Course (Level II) I went to - was way over-involved in the science. How glycogen and ATP are used in running . . . yawn . . . oh sorry, I must have dozed off there. Biomechanics - now that was much more interesting.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Ha! Just as mind-numbingly boring as all the other times I've had to listen to it in PV clinics. The overall 'effect' of the physics is intuitively obvious; hearing the science doesn't help coach or compete in the event. The week-long USATF Coaching Course (Level II) I went to - was way over-involved in the science. How glycogen and ATP are used in running . . . yawn . . . oh sorry, I must have dozed off there. Biomechanics - now that was much more interesting.
    So true - it is boring and the quality not so good but I learned a few things by torturing myself.