Facts, Not Fiction

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by upchuckserious View Post
    Shelly has never been this good going into a Prefontaine Classic meet. If the weather is good and there's decent wind, watch out because that national record could be gone.
    And she may not win.

2. Collapse Details

^I was shocked out of my socks by Sha'Carri's 10.75. I'd be almost just as shocked if she's ready to beat Shelly in this form.

3. Collapse Details

^I was shocked out of my socks by Sha'Carri's 10.75. I'd be almost just as shocked if she's ready to beat Shelly in this form.
    I would be blown beyond belief if Sha'Carri is able to duplicate those type of performances in the fall. I would imagine that would have over a year of training and I can't see how she would be able to sustain that form that long. Dennis Shaver said the plan was never to compete at Worlds so I don't know how you can salvage that at this point?

4. Collapse Details

What a phenomenal w100 final! I really thought Fraser-Pryce was gonna get the national title after seeing her cruise her way to that 11.08 in the heats yesterday, but Thompson is proving that she is well and truly back, and will fight tooth and nail for her first world title. Both running 10.73 with a minimal tailwind is impressive! Then young Williams makes the team in a new Jamaican junior record of 10.94? And behind them were two still maturing ladies running sub-11.1? That relay squad looks strong. Williams-Thompson-Smith-SAFP would be an imperious line-up.

My only disappointment with this event is Kevona Davis. I understand that Boys & Girls Champs is a big focus for Jamaican athletes in Jamaica, but it's a shame that she keeps getting hampered by injuries. I feel like she should have been up there with Williams tonight fighting for a spot on the team.

Overall, though, great night for women's sprinting! The present and future are looking bright!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    no
    If 10.61 is out of the question, what say ye for their chances to come close to Carmelita Jeter's 10.64 then? Or her 10.67, for that matter?

6. Collapse Details

Most sub 10.80s of all time:

Marion Jones: 13
    SAFP: 12
    ET: 7
    CJ: 5

7. Collapse Details

Richardson didn't run the entire race in her 10.75...I think she can go faster.
    Amazing how you ignore Thompson...SAFP didn't win tonight.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    Richardson didn't run the entire race in her 10.75...I think she can go faster.
    Amazing how you ignore Thompson...SAFP didn't win tonight.
    If we are talking Pre, Thompson isn't in the w100 race. Richardson ran her 10.75 with a very nice tailwind, the Jamaicans beat that time with a worse wind. In fact, SAFP's 10.88 (-0.5) adjusts to the same as Richardson's 10.75 (+1.6).

9. Collapse Details

Curious...how many times have SAFP and ET ran head-to-head against each other? Were there any other races apart from this race and Rio? They have done a good job avoiding each other up until now.

10. Collapse Details

My point is that it is far too early to anoint anyone as the favorite. Defending Champ Bowie, Thompson, SAFP, Richardson, whomever. I believe the USATF women's sprints will result in similar if not better times.