Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    Boycott can't work, as the meet promoter would just easily bring in another 7 to replace the boycotters.
    And this is why the bossman hates unions - they are the only way to lock in enough opposition to effect change.

Athletes are the equivalent of day labourers, ever willing to underbid each other into poverty to get something, anything, today and stuff tomorrow.

2. Collapse Details

Call it the Jerry Semenya show , it's got that tabloid flavor, attracting the most irrational and deceitful types who revel in arguing with lies.

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I can't wait to see her run!

4. Collapse Details

I'm sure it'll be quite the "race".

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    I'm sure it'll be quite the "race".
    Yep. XY chromosomes, functioning testicles, and male testosterone levels competing in a women's race. Makes perfectly good sense.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    Yep. XY chromosomes, functioning testicles, and male testosterone levels competing in a women's race. Makes perfectly good sense.
    Titillating. Can we get a mic drop?
    Last edited by trackCanuck; 06-20-2019 at 03:02 PM.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    What would the consequences be if women simply refused to compete against Semenya at any distance?
    I expect they would have wide and deep support.
    It seems like one of the primary 'standard' challengers in the even, Wilson, has generally been supportive on the track and said things about just competing against her. I do not follow all of the ins-and-outs, but that is my impression.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    It seems like one of the primary 'standard' challengers in the even, Wilson, has generally been supportive on the track and said things about just competing against her.
    Current competitors can't say anything bad when asked, or they risk the backlash from their sponsors and Semenya's supporters. They have to tread very carefully to maintain their income, they're not NBA players with multi-year multi-million guaranteed contracts who can afford to say very controversial things.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Wilson, has generally been supportive on the track and said things about just competing against her.
    That would be the proper thing to do, but I never confuse overt civility with actual attitudes.