Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Pre Classic's Jordan complies with Semenya's request to move to 800

2. Collapse Details

Not surprised. PRE is sponsored by Nike and they created a big commercial about her. Nike will face backlash if they don't do that.

3. Collapse Details

Will Mu be there? With 51.98 and 2:01.38, I'd say her prospects of breaking 2:00.00 (and quite probably Cain's HSR of 1:59.50), among pros, looks a lot better than it did during the indoor season against any competition.
    Last edited by CookyMonzta; 06-19-2019 at 05:43 AM.

4. Collapse Details

So good luck with any record claims, in any race Semenya competes in outside of her remit.

5. Collapse Details

It was very likely to happen, no reasons for Semenya to face (and lose to) Dibaba or Hassan or Ayana at 3k, way out of her comfort zone. BUT, and there is a but, can she do it? The swiss court suspended the testosterone rule only until 25 june and PRE is some days later.... is she so sure of winning? Or will the suspension be widened?

6. Collapse Details

What would the consequences be if women simply refused to compete against Semenya at any distance?
    I expect they would have wide and deep support.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    What would the consequences be if women simply refused to compete against Semenya at any distance?
    I expect they would have wide and deep support.
    It seems like one of the primary 'standard' challengers in the even, Wilson, has generally been supportive on the track and said things about just competing against her. I do not follow all of the ins-and-outs, but that is my impression.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    It seems like one of the primary 'standard' challengers in the even, Wilson, has generally been supportive on the track and said things about just competing against her.
    Current competitors can't say anything bad when asked, or they risk the backlash from their sponsors and Semenya's supporters. They have to tread very carefully to maintain their income, they're not NBA players with multi-year multi-million guaranteed contracts who can afford to say very controversial things.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Wilson, has generally been supportive on the track and said things about just competing against her.
    That would be the proper thing to do, but I never confuse overt civility with actual attitudes.

10. Collapse Details

I have thought it's about time for 800m+/- runners to take a stand, if they could achieve some unity, and boycott any meet to which Semenya is invited. But then, this is their livelihood and they have to eat. And want to compete.