Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Pre Classic's Jordan complies with Semenya's request to move to 800

2. Collapse Details

Not surprised. PRE is sponsored by Nike and they created a big commercial about her. Nike will face backlash if they don't do that.

3. Collapse Details

Will Mu be there? With 51.98 and 2:01.38, I'd say her prospects of breaking 2:00.00 (and quite probably Cain's HSR of 1:59.50), among pros, looks a lot better than it did during the indoor season against any competition.
    Last edited by CookyMonzta; 06-19-2019 at 05:43 AM.

4. Collapse Details

So good luck with any record claims, in any race Semenya competes in outside of her remit.

5. Collapse Details

It was very likely to happen, no reasons for Semenya to face (and lose to) Dibaba or Hassan or Ayana at 3k, way out of her comfort zone. BUT, and there is a but, can she do it? The swiss court suspended the testosterone rule only until 25 june and PRE is some days later.... is she so sure of winning? Or will the suspension be widened?

6. Collapse Details

What would the consequences be if women simply refused to compete against Semenya at any distance?
    I expect they would have wide and deep support.

7. Collapse Details

I have thought it's about time for 800m+/- runners to take a stand, if they could achieve some unity, and boycott any meet to which Semenya is invited. But then, this is their livelihood and they have to eat. And want to compete.

8. Collapse Details

I thought about that but if all women in all events boycotted any meet in which Semenya competed, I predict it would quickly solve the impasse. How many people would keep showing up to watch Semenya run a solo time trial?

9. Collapse Details

Administrator
    there would always be somebody who would be perfectly happy to get a lane in a major meet and earn a few bucks.

10. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    A boycott? The non track fans who are following this would go ballistic.... it may come to that ...

But as Ross Tucker, one of Semenya's biggest supporters wrote the IAAF has a strong case...

As you go through it, youíll see one side (IAAF) arguing heavily for biological principles of testosterone & performance, theory for men vs women, protection of womenís sport. Itís difficult to reject these. They are solid, and bring the debate to a men vs women platform.
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-19-2019 at 08:48 PM.