Facts, Not Fiction

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

If Koch ran 34.22 during a 400 race, she'd have probably run no slower than 33.5 in a 300.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    If Koch ran 34.22 during a 400 race, she'd have probably run no slower than 33.5 in a 300.
    Doesn't make sense, she was 0.73 slower than her 200 best in the 47.60, so more like 33.85. She'd have to have no deceleration from 200-300 to run 33.5.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    Is it just me, or are there no results posted to the meet website? Can someone provide a link to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    They're also on the meet website, and the results on the meet website are more complete.

http://www.zlatatretra.cz/results.asp?season=2019

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Doesn't make sense, she was 0.73 slower than her 200 best in the 47.60, so more like 33.85. She'd have to have no deceleration from 200-300 to run 33.5.
    But it was a 400 race. She obviously couldn't have run the first 200 all out.

5. Collapse Details

But it was a 400 race. She obviously couldn't have run the first 200 all out.
    She was pacing herself for a 400. I took that into account while forgetting that she could have gone out harder in a 300.

6. Collapse Details

The best argument against Koch running 33.5, I think, is simply that Miller-Uibo ran 34.41 and I agree the signs are she's in 48-mid form. Both Koch and Miller-Uibo are 200/400 types, so if Koch is ~0.9 faster at 400, she should be less than 0.9 faster at 300.

I think 300 splits are closer to full 300 potential than seems intuitive; people go out fast in 400s, and the fastest 300 splits (unsurprisingly) tend to be from races where the runner went out particularly fast.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LopenUupunut View Post
    The best argument against Koch running 33.5, I think, is simply that Miller-Uibo ran 34.41 and I agree the signs are she's in 48-mid form.
    But what are the signs?

8. Collapse Details

Remember she was the WR holder over 200 as well.
    True, but that time has been beaten, even by current sprinters. Keeping that speed for 400m however stand out quite a bit more as evident by the very few women capable of doing sub 49 nowadays. So I'm not surprised if others match or beat her at 300. It's the 400m WR time that is utterly insane and thus I would not say for sure that this means Miller-Uibo is ready to take a serious crack at it.
    Last edited by trackk; 06-21-2019 at 03:28 PM.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackk View Post
    True, but that time has been beaten, even by current sprinters. Keeping that speed for 400m however stand out quite a bit more as evident by the very few women capable of doing sub 49 nowadays. So I'm not surprised if others match or beat her at 300.
    Well, SMU is slower than Koch at 200 and much slower at 400, so it would be illogical to claim she can match her time at the intermediate distance.

10. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Well, SMU is slower than Koch at 200 and much slower at 400, so it would be illogical to claim she can match her time at the intermediate distance.
    except that we don't know what Koch's max was at 300, since she never (true?) actually ran one. So I don't see it as illogical that in a targeted 300 SMU couldn't be faster than the Koch split.