Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    Interesting mJav:

1. Marc Anthony Minichello (Penn) 77.15/253-1 #2 a-t US U20
    (PR by over 15 feet)
    2. Tzuriel Pedigo (LSU) 76.14/249-10 #4 a-t US U20
    That was an amazing breakthrough for Minichello, whose best the rest of the series was about 64m. He said, however, that he'd been throwing a lot of 72s in practice and felt a breakthrough was coming.

Pedigo's previous best was 73.76 when he won silver in Finland last year.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    Wind does not affect placing, just records.
    I don't like the rule esp. when #2 has the exact same distance. Switch one and two. Some of these rules are weird.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
    I don't like the rule esp. when #2 has the exact same distance. Switch one and two. Some of these rules are weird.
    ??!!
    It's an even playing field, even though the wind shifts. You can't discriminate on whether someone had too much wind! That's the breaks of the game.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    ??!!
    It's an even playing field, even though the wind shifts. You can't discriminate on whether someone had too much wind! That's the breaks of the game.
    I see your point but they do discriminate with wind - just not for placing. Personally I don't like it. No biggie, great competition and still great jumps. He got first even though it was the exact same distance. So they discriminate on the fouls I guess. I'd rather them do that using the legal limit for the wind. But whatever it's just my opinion.

5. Collapse Details

Great interview with Boling. The 6 jumps seemed to have an effect on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gDpflfBpXs

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
    He got first even though it was the exact same distance. So they discriminate on the fouls I guess. I'd rather them do that using the legal limit for the wind. But whatever it's just my opinion.
    Your opinion does not matter. The rules matter. And the rules say that when the two leaders have the exact same jump, you break the tie by looking at their second-best jumps. In this case, Austin's second-best jump was 24-7 3/4 and Bridgett's second-best jump was 24-3 1/2. That's how the tie was broken. Fouls were irrelevant, as was wind.

7. Collapse Details

I see Anna Hall won with 5646 pts, her 4th best score, and she already had the top 3 all-time scores.

I also noticed that in the HS Annual she's identified as 'Dana' Hall.

8. Collapse Details

I guess I assumed everyone knew the rules for breaking ties in horizontal jumps and that you cannot change direction of runup during competition (with extremely rare exceptions)

9. Collapse Details

Windy 20.30 for Boling to lead the 200 heats. Cooper qualifies for the final.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    you cannot change direction of runup during competition (with extremely rare exceptions)
    At the HS state meet, we have changed direction at a PV bar change height (providing everyone cleared the previous ht - no passes) or between the first three jumps of LJ/TJ and the last three.

P.S. It's on live now if you subscribe to usatf.tv. which comes with a flotrack subscription.

w400 51.28 for 15yo Kayla Davis.

m400 Justin Robinson 45.59
    Last edited by Atticus; 06-23-2019 at 09:05 PM.