Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    Interesting mJav:
    1. Marc Anthony Minichello 77.15/253-1
    2. Tzuriel Pedigo 76.14/249-10
    That may not be much on the intl scene, but those are big numbers for USA Jrs!

2. Collapse Details

Since I now live in South Florida, I decided to brave the hot day and drive the hour down to Miramar and eyeball Boling for myself. He is sort of a lanky youngster. He did not start well and with 25 meters remaining he looked beat, but he surged late by finding another gear. He strikes me as a young man that will be better at 200 than 100 and might be best at 400 in the long run. He didn't get much applause when introduced, but he received plenty of applause when he won the race. I was glad I made the trip. He is the real deal and quite an impressive young prospect. Good luck to him. A former Texas Longhorn sprinter who is close to the community in Houston where he lives says that Boling will go to school at Georgia, but will not participate in track for them. I would classify this is a rumor.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bowie View Post
    says that Boling will go to school at Georgia, but will not participate in track for them. I would classify this is a rumor.
    One that appears Georgia hasn't heard. He accepted a track scholarship, and there is nothing on the Ga site to indicate anything to the contrary. Now, if he hits some big numbers this summer, he could go pro, so that would be that.
    Last edited by Atticus; 06-23-2019 at 01:25 AM.

4. Collapse Details

Conventional wisdom is that runners do not accelerate in the later stages of the race, others are simply slowing down but, as Mr. ?Bowie observed, Boling does appear to actually speed up.

5. Collapse Details

Boiling did have a terrible start. I don't think he is getting any good 100m training - just seems to be his raw talent that is winning now. Hopefully he can really improve on the technical aspects of his race.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    Long Jump Results
    1. Phillip Austin III (Arizona) 7.74/25-4w
    2. Anan Bridgett (Rutgers) 7.74/25-4
    3. Matthew Boling (unat) 7.71/25-3
    So close!

Winner had a wind of +2.9 on his last jump. How does he get 1st with the wind over the legal limit? Second place had a +1.3 and Boling had a +1.9.

7. Collapse Details

Wind does not affect placing, just records.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
    So close!

Winner had a wind of +2.9 on his last jump. How does he get 1st with the wind over the legal limit? Second place had a +1.3 and Boling had a +1.9.
    Presuming you were just trying to wind us up

9. Collapse Details

Excellent performances in the M110m hurdles, won in 13.21, with top three finishing within .01 and landing between =#4 and #7 on the all-time US U20 hurdles list.

Two rising college sophs get the Pan Am spots but Jamar Marshall,13.22 in third, may be the real story, since he has another year of HS competition as the reigning California state champ.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by player View Post
    Excellent performances in the M110m hurdles, won in 13.21, with top three finishing within .01 and landing between =#4 and #7 on the all-time US U20 hurdles list.

Two rising college sophs get the Pan Am spots but Jamar Marshall,13.22 in third, may be the real story, since he has another year of HS competition as the reigning California state champ.
    Indeed... Marshall is now #2 all time HS with that monster improvement.