Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. Collapse Details
    Is This the Best Era in the 400mH?
    #1
    With Samba, Warholm, Benjamin, and McMaster I can't think of a better one with such strong competition.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    1,070
    The late-80's was pretty strong when you had Edwin Moses, Andre Phillips, Danny Harris, Harald Schmid, Kevin Young, and Amadou Ba all competing at the same time.

    Quote Originally Posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
    With Samba, Warholm, Benjamin, and McMaster I can't think of a better one with such strong competition.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    The late-80's was pretty strong when you had Edwin Moses, Andre Phillips, Danny Harris, Harald Schmid, Kevin Young, and Amadou Ba all competing at the same time.
    Those are some top dogs right there. But were they running their fastest time during the same seasons?
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    1,070
    Between the '87-'88 season you had Moses @ 47.37 ('88), Phillips @ 47.19 ('88), Harris @ 47.48 ('87), Schmid @ 47.48 ('87), Young @ 47.72 ('88), and Dia Ba @ 47.23 ('88). Pretty impressive depth, especially considering it was 30+ years ago.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,022
    best-ever marks-for-place:

    1 46.78 Kevin Young (US) OG 92
    2 47.23 Amadou Dia Bâ (Senegal) OG 88
    3 47.48 Harald Schmid (West Germany) WC 87
    4 47.64 Stéphane Diagana (France) WC 93
    5 47.76 Danny Harris (US) OT 88
    6 48.38 Javier Culson (Puerto Rico) WC 13
    7 48.57 Everson Teixeira (Brazil) OG 96
    8 48.78 Edgar Itt (West Germany) OG 88
    Eronilde de Araújo (Brazil) OG 96

    in ohter words, this year still has a ways to go.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    11,417
    The 400H has two ridiculous MfP USA stats

    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    5 47.76 Danny Harris (US) OT 88
    6 53.82 Sydney McLaughlin (US) USATF 17
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    1,147
    Wasn't Dave Patrick the other athlete who broke 48 and missed the team?
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Between the '87-'88 season you had Moses @ 47.37 ('88), Phillips @ 47.19 ('88), Harris @ 47.48 ('87), Schmid @ 47.48 ('87), Young @ 47.72 ('88), and Dia Ba @ 47.23 ('88). Pretty impressive depth, especially considering it was 30+ years ago.
    Very impressive - got go watch those guys now. Of those how many were in the same race and who won?
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
    Very impressive - got go watch those guys now. Of those how many were in the same race and who won?
    Found this cracker!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZSsoNhjYVk
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    If anybody is interested, I posted some related stats in the Oslo DL thread
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •