Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Television [& streaming] Coverage For Doha 2019
    I imagine it has been already covered here, but I am curious about the schedule for television coverage in the U.S. for the World Championships in Doha.

Can anyone help me with the schedule and the channel (NBC?)
    Last edited by gh; 09-17-2019 at 06:02 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleRBar View Post
    I imagine it has been already covered here, but I am curious about the schedule for television coverage in the U.S. for the World Championships in Doha.

Can anyone help me with the schedule and the channel (NBC?)
    I have not seen TV details published anywhere, but probably will be on NBCSN and/or the Olympic Channel. NBC proper seems highly unlikely for any significant coverage.

3. Collapse Details

Thank you, donley2.

4. Collapse Details

During the NBCSN telecast from Minsk, they were heavily promoting Doha. I think they referred to "the NBC channels" without any more specifics.

5. Collapse Details

6. Collapse Details

wc 2017?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    wc 2017?
    Yes, that's still what's on the USATF site. This year's has not been released yet.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    During the NBCSN telecast from Minsk, they were heavily promoting Doha. I think they referred to "the NBC channels" without any more specifics.
    I expect that NBC Gold will have separate feeds for field events, and, possibly, a races-only feed, as they did in London and Rio, without commentary, plus a general feed (what they currently call "track events") with the usual crew (Hutchings, Dennis, Cram).
    The OTA coverage will likely be on NBCSN and/or Olympic Channel on weekdays, NBC on weekends. It's going to be frustrating for real fans. I record that stuff mostly to be able to go back and see slo-mo, freeze-frame, etc.

IAAF will have their coverage on their YouTube channel, blocked for USAians without a VPN. I think their coverage is of the "track-events" variety, i.e. mixed races and field events, interrupting long races, etc.

For those of us on the "Left Coast", the sessions on NBC Gold will probably be starting around 6:30 AM PDT, except Sunday 9/29, Friday 10/4 (around 10 AM) and Sunday 10/6 about 9 AM. Both marathons are starting at 1:59 PM PDT, just before midnight local time.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    I expect that NBC Gold will have separate feeds for field events, and, possibly, a races-only feed, as they did in London and Rio, without commentary, plus a general feed (what they currently call "track events") with the usual crew (Hutchings, Dennis, Cram).
    It definitely won't be Cram because he'll be on the BBC. If it's the world feed you're referring to, that's usually Rob Walker, Steve Ovett, Peter Matthews and maybe one other.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    It definitely won't be Cram because he'll be on the BBC. If it's the world feed you're referring to, that's usually Rob Walker, Steve Ovett, Peter Matthews and maybe one other.
    Peter Matthews, Rob Walker and Steve Ovett are, I believe, on the IAAF YouTube channel, which is good by our old standard, but can't approach the NBC Gold stuff. I expect Hutchings will be on NBC Gold, probably with Chris Dennis. I was in London, so I didn't watch any of that coverage. I watched some BBC stuff from Rio, and was appalled at how much of it was round-table discussion and how focused on British athletes it was.

The Doha DL meet had Al Kass as "Host Broadcaster", and I assume the WC will, too, and the IAAF, NBC, BBC, CBC, etc. will take their feed(s) and do whatever with them.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Bodega Bay until Saturday, CA, USA