Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: NBC Gold Survey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    NBC Gold Survey
    Just completed one they sent me as a subscriber.
    My main input was just to have MORE meets and separate feeds for field events.

2. Collapse Details

Took it as well. I was very happy with my first year and consider it the best $59 I spent all year.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I am disappointed that each year we have seen a reduction in coverage, and I am very worried about whether or not field event prelims will be available for the Olympics this summer.

4. Collapse Details

I would think that the bigger event (OG vs WC) will make it more likely. However, camera crews will be in heavy demand.

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    I would think that the bigger event (OG vs WC) will make it more likely. However, camera crews will be in heavy demand.

The camera crews were there at Worlds. That wasn't the issue.

No one will tell me what the issue was.

IAAF charging too much for the rights fee? It did not appear that any other countries had a dedicated stream for field event prelims either.

Belief that track fans are too spoiled, and that dedicated field event prelims are bad for the sport?

NBC being cheap and not wanting to spend the money?

The only response I got on Twitter was gaslighting about the field event streams for the finals, they stopped responding when I pointed out that we had streams for the prelims in the past.

6. Collapse Details

I took it yesterday, asked (yet again) for a dedicated, races-only stream, as well as streams for field-event prelims in multi-day events. These things depend on the "host broadcaster", I believe, not NBC. The IAAF (WA) and Diamond League should be contacted and asked to demand this coverage of the host broadcasters.

For next year's Olympics, we should find out who is the "host broadcaster" and everyone who cares should contact them.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA

7. Collapse Details

I believe that at the Olympics, NBC has some of its own cameras and is not entirely dependent on the host broadcaster.

8. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    "NBC being cheap and not wanting to spend the money?"

There you go...

I wonder how many subscribers they actually get....it can't be that many...a few thousand...

9. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    I took it yesterday, asked (yet again) for a dedicated, races-only stream, as well as streams for field-event prelims in multi-day events. These things depend on the "host broadcaster", I believe, not NBC. The IAAF (WA) and Diamond League should be contacted and asked to demand this coverage of the host broadcasters.

For next year's Olympics, we should find out who is the "host broadcaster" and everyone who cares should contact them.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA
    Those streams exist for Diamond League meets/World Champs. IAAF is controlling that. Whether or not NBC had the option to stream them or not, I do not know. But the cameras are there, the technology is there, AND WE HAD THAT STREAM ON GOLD IN THE PAST.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    Those streams exist for Diamond League meets/World Champs. IAAF is controlling that. Whether or not NBC had the option to stream them or not, I do not know. But the cameras are there, the technology is there, AND WE HAD THAT STREAM ON GOLD IN THE PAST.
    In my experience, there has never been a races-only stream for any Diamond League meet. The 2016 Olympics and 2017 Worlds did. I'm not sure whether there were streams for field quallies in 2017, as I was there.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA