Facts, Not Fiction

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    with Mondo and Sam both clearing 6.00 today, wonder if that's the first time 2 guys have ever cleared 6m the same day in different meets?

2. Collapse Details

@Statman_Jon
    It is indeed. 24 August 2019 shall go down in history as the first day on which 6.00m was vaulted in two different cities.
    It is also the first time that both 18m and 15m have been surpassed in the men's and women's triple jump.

3. Collapse Details

I did a little research project. Has there ever been three men over 6 meters in the same outdoor season? Yes, in 96,97,98,99 and lastly 2008. Never had 4 jumpers in the same year though. With Morgunov back there is a good chance. Next year I would be surprised if we didnt see four or five over 6meters. Another research project Id like to do is how many 19í jumps Mondo has had while being under 20. Including bars enroute to a higher bar. Any leads where I could research that?

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    buy a pass to the Finnish stat service

https://www.tilastopaja.eu/

5. Collapse Details

Itís possible that a 6.0 jump in Doha could fail to medal. Even more likely that that could happen on Tokyo next year.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Jshapco2 View Post
    I did a little research project. Has there ever been three men over 6 meters in the same outdoor season? Yes, in 96,97,98,99 and lastly 2008. Never had 4 jumpers in the same year though. With Morgunov back there is a good chance. Next year I would be surprised if we didnt see four or five over 6meters. Another research project Id like to do is how many 19’ jumps Mondo has had while being under 20. Including bars enroute to a higher bar. Any leads where I could research that?

I did it quickly and I got 44 over 5.80......
    Last edited by cajun5150; 08-26-2019 at 09:04 PM.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cajun5150 View Post
    I did it quickly and I got 44 over 5.80......
    I was wrong and I got corrected ......48 times over 5.80 and 1 over 5.79 (19’) .......apologies PP.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    It’s possible that a 6.0 jump in Doha could fail to medal.
    Four vaulters clearing 6 meters? I see three who have done it this season and could do it again (although it's still unlikely they'll all do it in one competition), but who else can?
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Four vaulters clearing 6 meters? I see three who have done it this season and could do it again (although it's still unlikely they'll all do it in one competition), but who else can?
    Braz or Lavillenie this year. Next year those two plus Nielsen and Morgunov. Next year is more likely.

10. Collapse Details

Administrator
    There's no way we'll have four guys over 6 meters in Doha in October... but if Braz is on fire again he could (he was close at one meet this year)and Renaud could if the stars align...

Still possible that Morgunov could come back and surprise us, I suppose.