Facts, Not Fiction

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

"Ami" football? Is Ami a thing? Akin to the reprehensible abbreviation "Cali"

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    I Google Earthed all the WC venues, Paris, LeHavre, Reims, Lyon, Montpelier, Valenciennes, Grenoble, Reims..was surprised there are so many large dedicated soccer venues in one country (and there may be more)
    Does US have even one to compare to these?
    looking at it from another point of view: the U.S. probably has more "large dedicated" football venues than all of Europe combined. Why wouldn't it be so?

(we won't even get into baseball facilities)

3. Collapse Details

I realize the US is replete with football and baseball palaces, just wondered if any of them do or could double as a comparable soccer venue.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I can promise you that if it were the English who had that "off-side" goal taken away in a tight game, there would have been a national melt-down.
    Absolutely not! There is no comparison. England or most countries would never behave like Cameroon did. Spitting at opponents? There should have been red cards amasse!

How about that ref? No control and an almost an uncanny ability to be in the way of the play. She had no idea about how to position herself. I thought the Cameroon player was going to tackle her out of the game at one point in the second half. Never sen anything like it.

5. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    I realize the US is replete with football and baseball palaces, just wondered if any of them do or could double as a comparable soccer venue.

When Paul Brown Stadium was built here in Cincinnati for the NFL Bengals the field dimensions were constructed to accommodate an international soccer pitch. Indeed, PBS is one of several NFL stadiums pitched as venues for the 2026 World Cup

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...#United_States
    There are no strings on me

6. Collapse Details

I find magnificent soccer palaces all over Europe, many in fairly small town/cites.. How are they profitable/practical/sustainable?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Per Andersen View Post
    Absolutely not! There is no comparison. England or most countries would never behave like Cameroon did. Spitting at opponents? There should have been red cards amasse!
    I'm not talking about the players; I'm talking about the press and the hoi polloi. It would have been Armageddon!

8. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    looking at it from another point of view: the U.S. probably has more "large dedicated" football venues than all of Europe combined. Why wouldn't it be so?

(we won't even get into baseball facilities)
    Few with grass fields though....but yes the U.S. will have no problem putting on another World Cup....

9. Collapse Details

I find magnificent soccer palaces all over Europe, many in fairly small town/cites.. How are they profitable/practical/sustainable?
    Actually quite a few aren't....

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I'm not talking about the players; I'm talking about the press and the hoi polloi. It would have been Armageddon!
    I don't know what you are talking about.... Cameroon went bonkers on the 2nd England goal when VAR confirmed the England player was onside....and their behavior only worsened after that.... if it had gone the other way everyone in England would have accepted it and moved on. These things happen all the time.... Cameroon obviously had no idea what VAR meant...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-24-2019 at 04:57 PM.