Facts, Not Fiction

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    A small box?....so keepers couldn't go left or right?....just stand on the line and don't go forward is simplest...

Managers often get kicked into the stands for straying out of their box....

Again keepers will get use to it.... especially watching the women get penalized....the World Cup is an educational film for the men....which is the real focus for the new rules....
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-18-2019 at 09:17 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Scotland out of the next round, but they'll get used to it. In the men's game, if the keeper can't move/anticipate, there's no way they can react fast enough to stop a penalty kick.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by schigh View Post
    if the keeper can't move/anticipate, there's no way they can react fast enough to stop a penalty kick.
    That's assuming a well-struck ball, which often is NOT the case, even at the top levels.

4. Collapse Details

Scotland out of the next round, but they'll get used to it. In the men's game, if the keeper can't move/anticipate, there's no way they can react fast enough to stop a penalty kick.

They can move....left or right or even up..like they do now...you can be above the line......just not forward of it...
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-19-2019 at 09:55 PM.

5. Collapse Details

I think one needs to take a step to get maximum push off to dive, I'm not talking the Scurry type jump forward like 1999 which markedly changed the angle and should be wrong (I couldn't believe she got away with it even at the time). I don't think they would let the goalie start behind the line either.

I'm ready to celebrate the first penalty kick save not reversed by VAR. That goalie should get the golden glove for the tournament.

6. Collapse Details

In the men's game, if the keeper can't move/anticipate, there's no way they can react fast enough to stop a penalty kick.
    I don't know. In the past five or so years, it seems that the kicker assumes that the keeper will dive one way or another and just kicks it down the middle. I'm hoping more keepers just stand there until the ball is kicked.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mcgato View Post
    I don't know. In the past five or so years, it seems that the kicker assumes that the keeper will dive one way or another and just kicks it down the middle. I'm hoping more keepers just stand there until the ball is kicked.
    Right...probably block more...

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    They can move....left or right or even up..like they do now...you can be above the line......just not forward of it...
    Yes, one foot has to remain on the line.
    Watched part of Scotland-Argentina game. If men, faster, bigger, heavier and stronger had gone into tackles like I saw today it would have been players carried out on stretchers non stop. Maybe rules have to be looked at. The ref was weak. When Argentina, correctly was awarded the last penalty Scotland's #10 (the captain?) should have been ejected. What was she doing hounding the ref like that when the payers were lining up for the Penalty. She should just get the hell out of the way.
    Last edited by Per Andersen; 06-20-2019 at 06:54 AM.

9. Collapse Details

Follows the tradition of their men's team by being eliminated at the group stage despite having a genuine chance of getting through for at least some of the final game.

10. Collapse Details

Premier League announced they won't be using VAR to monitor goalkeepers for penalty kicks.