Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KDFINE View Post
    she really doesn't care much about or understand much about the culture of the sport, and is writing just to put forth her agenda.
    Her chief disqualification as a legitimate journalist is her use of "ICYMI" to begin a paragraph. If she can't be bothered to write out "in case you missed it" (there you go - you may cut and paste that, lazy writers), I can't be bothered to accept her logic (of which there is a small amount).
    On-line posts, sure. A journalistic article; I think not.

The inequality of 'respect and pay' isn't a judgement that's dispassionately obvious. The men generate much more revenue, and therefore are compensated differently. [I love that T&F has near-equity]. The respect is earned and all the Neanderthal men who don't see that the USA women play a much more 'beautiful' game than the USA men, don't get any respect for their opinion.
    Last edited by Atticus; Yesterday at 03:43 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    As an American sports fan and not one who objects to celebrations of all kinds in the NFL, MLB, NBA, etc, I found the celebrations by the US woman's soccer team out of place and lacking a bit of self awareness. It was a bad look.
    A very bad look! Now you will likely have the rest of the world rooting against you...and you gained nothing from your celebrations.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    A very bad look! Now you will likely have the rest of the world rooting against you...and you gained nothing from your celebrations.
    I didn't think that gaining something was one of the reasons players celebrate.

4. Collapse Details

I have no problem with plenty of scoring or plenty of celebrating.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley