Facts, Not Fiction

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    I also agree with Phil Neville.... decisions don't go your way you just play on.... the England player is clearly onside for the second goal...and yet Cameroon had a fit and almost refused to play...

I don't think I've ever seen a free kick from that close before....Cameroon had the equivalent of 11 goalkeepers and still England score....
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-23-2019 at 07:03 PM.

2. Collapse Details

I have no idea why France's goal was disallowed.

3. Collapse Details

538 has an evaluation of each teams strength and use that plus some other factors to determine the likelihood of a win/tie continually through the game. Far from perfect, but still useful to me. By the way, Thailand was by far the worst team by the strength ranking (36, Argentina 42, Scotland/Chile 51, USA 98.5, France 96.6 Germany 94.9, ...)

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    and yet Cameroon had a fit and almost refused to play...
    I can promise you that if it were the English who had that "off-side" goal taken away in a tight game, there would have been a national melt-down.

5. Collapse Details

Upset sure...but England men have been screwed far more than anything like that and still they played on.... so I don't what you are talking about....

Again that sort of offside where the player's foot is barely over gets called a lot in Europe and the World Cup...

Besides Cameroon went bonkers on the second England goal where the England player is clearly onside....it wasn't even close on VAR... I have no idea what they were looking at...
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-23-2019 at 08:15 PM.

6. Collapse Details

France shrugged and moved on (and maybe the worst VAR call so far). These are the tests you have to pass to win the cup.

7. Collapse Details

I came late to soccer. I don't know the all the rules or always recognize the infractions but sometimes things just don't look right/fair.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I can promise you that if it were the English who had that "off-side" goal taken away in a tight game, there would have been a national melt-down.
    I suspect most of England is barely paying attention to the women's team.... let alone have a meltdown....

9. Collapse Details

Thanks Master PO for the link on the three camera system.. I had no idea.. of course until recently I did not even have a kinda smart phone...which I am not smart enough to use.

Next question: Are all the referees mullti-multi lingual or are they selected for each game to fit the languages of both teams? Or what?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by schigh View Post
    France shrugged and moved on (and maybe the worst VAR call so far). These are the tests you have to pass to win the cup.
    Was pretty bad.... they should do what they do in cricket on reviews...if the judgement is too tight to call go with the umpire's call...in this case goal stands...