Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post

well worth every penny
    Especially when there are multiple field event feeds and you can log in to multiple devices/screens. Although you do not get the full in-stadium experience, you can often follow the meet better than being there in person.

2. Collapse Details

Just had my first experience. Ahh...it felt so good. Track and Field on a random Thursday at home!
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by huntinwr View Post
    Anyone have any luck with watchathletics.com?
    I sometimes use this for smaller meets and some streams work fine via use of a VPN. I live overseas now so I am able to watch the DL meets for free via IAAF's YouTube page. If it wasnt for me moving, I would have likely invested in the sports gold package.

4. Collapse Details

Yes, it is worth it even though I have AT&T Uverse and there are technical problems between them and Uverse - even using a phone and tablet it is great.

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    It works well for me. I do not have a cable login. I think every now and then a meet is on the Olympic Channel and NOT on the NBC Gold, which drives me bananas, but for Diamond League and World Champs the coverage is usually quite good.

6. Collapse Details

Short answer- Yes.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HopStepJump View Post
    Short answer- Yes.
    Agree.

8. Collapse Details

I think it is a great value, and if you can't watch it live, it's immediately available in replay. If you wish, you can go back and watch each field-event feed in its entirety. My beef is that there is no races-only feed, so the distance events get broken up, sometimes pretty badly. I have asked them for a small window to keep showing the race while showing field events, but I am not hopeful. Only in 2016 OG and 2017 WC did they have a track-only feed, so I got to watch all 29 minutes and 17 seconds of Almaz Ayana's fabulous shattering of the WR. Talk about Hog Heaven. NBC doesn't really have that much control over most of the meets. For the Boost Boston meet, yes, it was "commercial free", but they still had the commercial breaks, just showing some scenes of Boston, so I switched to TV so I could fast-forward through Lewis Johnson's blatherings.

Also, the commentary is much better on NBC Gold -- Steve Cram, Tim Hutchings and Chris Dennis. The Olympic Channel/NBCSN versions have Paul Swangard, Ato Boldon and Josh Cox, who are pretty OK, but they are just voicing over, I believe, because I could hear Cram and Hutchings in the backgroun. Certainly, the bad old days of Tom Hammond, etc. are over.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank, AKA The Mad Splitter

9. Collapse Details

I'll sit at work (lunch break, of course) with 4 or 5 different feeds on my monitor. It's costly, but hey, I love track and field - so it's worth it to me.

10. Collapse Details

It is really paying off for me now. I was traveling and missed the meets from the 11th-20th and I was able to catch up on everything at my leisure, with pausing and rewinding power!
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!