Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: Olympic Trials

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    $795 a day? You guys ever been to a Trials?
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-07-2019 at 03:35 AM.

2. Collapse Details

Also we have the Wild Duck now....it's almost a version of the Eliot Lounge.....but not quite... no Tommy Leonard....

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Leonard is no Peanut

4. Collapse Details

Didnt know the new stadium would be done by the trials. Was able to go to the 2016 trials which, IMO, was probably the best track meet I've ever been to in my short 10 years as a true track fan.

In terms of lodging, I remember booking a hotel was a nightmare in Jan 2016, but finding a hostel and AirBnB, all within walking distance of Hayward, was actually no issue. For those who get to go, enjoy!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    $795 a day? You guys ever been to a Trials?
    I have never attended an Olympic Trials.

6. Collapse Details

Adding a little more detail. Trials seats go onsale to the general public on 7/25. There will be a pre-sale for season ticket holders, who are currently choosing seats, with the last group set to choose on Saturday, 6/8. For some strange reason, most of the first row tickets on the homestretch are gone as of this moment. A lot of folks are electing for row 1 on the second level, but it will not have cover. Only the top 7 rows at the finish line will be under cover and those seats are moving quickly as well. Still plenty of really great tickets available and the current season seat holders are expected to purchase around 1500 of the (normal) 12,500 available. Trials seating will start with the 12,500 and they'll increase up to 30,000 as needed (and it will be needed based on previous attendance figures and the excitement of attending a meet in the new arena). I don't remember the cost of the 2016 Trials and it's not printed on my tickets, but I'm thinking it was around $600 for top tier seats, so this is quite an increase and starts to approach the cost of attending a WCs, albeit not necessarily at the finish line.
    Last edited by bruce3404; 06-07-2019 at 05:27 PM.

7. Collapse Details

It was easy to get decent tickets each day for about $50 in 2016... just a few days, especially the last weekend is still worthwhile to come out for... so don't feel you have to buy season tickets...

8. Collapse Details

I stayed in Creswell last time after staying within walking distance in 2008 and 2012. It wasn't too bad. I shared a table at the Wild Duck with two guys who were staying in the dorm rooms for peanuts. Also, it included meals. I think I'll try for that next year.

9. Collapse Details

A friend stayed in the dorms for the first half of the 2012 OT and enjoyed it. He was solo for for the first weekend till we came out for the second half so he met people to talk with. I even think he met Paul Geis staying there, had a meal or two with him, IIRC.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bruce3404 View Post
    I don't remember the cost of the 2016 Trials and it's not printed on my tickets, but I'm thinking it was around $600 for top tier seats, so this is quite an increase and starts to approach the cost of attending a WCs, albeit not necessarily at the finish line.
    I was thinking about $600 as well for 2016.