Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Not quite a Darwin but plenty stupid

2. Collapse Details

Two guys walk into a bar...

You'd think at least the second one would'a seen it.

3. Collapse Details

Not sure where this belongs. It's "not quite a Darwin" because as stupid this woman was, I don't think she seriously risked death. On the other hand, you can't really say it's "Not T&F."

https://www.facebook.com/egacaus/vid...1402704715992/

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    it had its own thread back at the time I believe

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    details in this thread in Historical forum

https://trackandfieldnews.com/discus...ighlight=Szabo

6. Collapse Details

I'm not surprised. It did look a bit familiar, but I just saw it on facebook today. The clip that I posted is a little longer than the one that was posted in the other thread.

7. Collapse Details

Another guy that was oh so close to becoming a full fledged Darwin candidate.

Man bitten after jumping into crocodile pit

Action News Jax obtained surveillance video that shows a man repeatedly lunge into the pit full of crocodiles.

At one point, he climbed onto the bank of the pond, where an approximately 9-foot crocodile lunged toward him.

An officer notes in his arrest report that it appears he had no idea a crocodile tried to eat him.

The report says he was sitting on the bank of the pool when a crocodile locked onto his left foot.

The officer said Hatfield could be seen trying to fight off the crocodile -- then managed to get away.

8. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Meanwhile I imagine this group of morons are going to regret this...especially when trying to apply for college or get a job.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8630181.html

9. Collapse Details

"Two men were too wrapped up playing Pokémon Go while on a walk along beachside bluffs in Southern California to notice that they were about to go tumbling over a cliff."

So in 1994 I had climbed Mt. Cook in NZ and the way out from the Plateau Hut (Dept of Conservation hut, their version of our National Parks or National Forest Serve) to civilization was a somewhat long and tedious six or seven hours of crossing glacier, downclimbing some moderate snow/ice, rappelling a couple of times, groveling down an endless, reasonably steep talus field, then a very steep, scary stretch of talus down to a glacier's lateral moraine, follow it a few hundred meters, then grovel back up the steep talus slope for maybe 500 vertical feet to a (finally!) dirt road that ran along the hillside 500 ft above the valley bottom. So it was me and an Aussie named Rob and a 19 yo German kid named Sebastian. We had maybe two miles to get to Ball Shelter, another DOC hut, that had a radio where we could call the Mt Cook Park HQ where my friend worked and he could have someone come pick up up, saving us another 10K of walking. We were walking along in our own thoughts, pretty tired, waiting to get back to a good meal, just on an old dirt road, when suddenly Sebastian gives a startled cry. The moraine wall had eroded over the years to where it cut into the road. He wasn't paying attention...what could happen on a simple dirt road?... and damn near walked off the gash in the road, which would have been a 500' tumble/fall down the moraine wall, a mix of rock and dirt and steep enough that he would have been in the ICU or the morgue.

10. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Not much to say about this stupidity...

Video of explosion at border agent's gender-reveal party that sparked Arizona wildfire

https://mobile.twitter.com/TucsonSta...68632600387587