Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    For the IAAF to ratify a world record at NCAAs, USADA would need to be present and be given access to the first passing of urine. This conflicts with the NCAA drug testing.

The world record/U20 records set at NCAA Indoors last year were never ratified so...

Seems to me it would behoove a program that has an athlete with a reasonable chance of breaking an American or World record to pay out of pocket to have a USADA tester on site. Better yet the USTFCCCA could pay for it and cover everyone. It's a shame kids are losing out on official world record status because the NCAA is too damn cheap(or territorial) to do it.
    There are no strings on me

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    now let's just hope all the proper procedures were in place for an IAAF record ratification.
    That teen show balance, form, strength, arm action and incredible acceleration...
    I think she can go faster.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Yup, 10.88 from way back in 1977, the legendary Marlies Gohr. I don't think I've ever seen a woman sprint like this before. She is a machine. Potential is .....words, meh.
    That was the first legal electric sub 11 when it was done.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    So what are the chances we see Richardson in an LSU jersey next season?
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I think the chances are slim and none.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Klingon View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I think the chances are slim and none.
    Agree, esp when next year is the Olympics.

6. Collapse Details

I think her name is misspelled in the thread title. Sha'Carri not She'Carri.

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Seems to me it would behoove a program that has an athlete with a reasonable chance of breaking an American or World record to pay out of pocket to have a USADA tester on site. Better yet the USTFCCCA could pay for it and cover everyone. It's a shame kids are losing out on official world record status because the NCAA is too damn cheap(or territorial) to do it.
    IAAF wants the first passing of urine for world records. I was told USADA testers were present at NCAA Indoors, because it was very predictable that Sydney was going to break a WJR, but it never got ratified so...

I am guessing that the NCAA wants their policies followed, and that would give them the athletes' first pee.

No idea if anything was sorted out between then and now... and not even sure any of the universities would have been so sure their athlete would break a WR at this meet that they would have paid to have USADA on site.

FWIW, I think WJRs should just require a test within 24 hours. It is too unpredictable when young athletes will break a WR and the cost of having doping control present is prohibitive for most meets.

8. Collapse Details

I feel like Mondo being at this meet should have been enough reason to have the necessary procedures in place.

9. Collapse Details

IAAF wants the first passing of urine for world records. I was told USADA testers were present at NCAA Indoors, because it was very predictable that Sydney was going to break a WJR, but it never got ratified so...

I am guessing that the NCAA wants their policies followed, and that would give them the athletes' first pee.

No idea if anything was sorted out between then and now... and not even sure any of the universities would have been so sure their athlete would break a WR at this meet that they would have paid to have USADA on site.

FWIW, I think WJRs should just require a test within 24 hours. It is too unpredictable when young athletes will break a WR and the cost of having doping control present is prohibitive for most meets.
    During Mondo's last two years of high school, I was told that LSU would have testers on standby whenever he thought he might break a record and not actually at the meet. However, since neither the LHSAA nor the Texas Relays would have had any interest in testing him, that might explain why USADA/WADA were always able to get the first sample in those situations. But that still doesn't explain Trayvon Bromell's 2014 WJR. Has the testing protocol changed since 2014?

10. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    IAAF wants the first passing of urine for world records. .

So give it to them. Or better yet drink enough after the race that both can be covered at the same time.
    There are no strings on me