Facts, Not Fiction

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    Didn't someone at the NCAAs (from LSU, I believe) fail a drug test earlier this decade, and either the points in that event were revoked or the title revoked, and the individual suspended from both NCAA and international competition?
    Yes. Semoy Hackett in 2012. And to be clear, word of her positive came out the following fall. She competed in the Olympics, after failing an NCAA test.

Do you believe she is the only NCAA T&F Athlete to fail a test since then? I don't.

I believe she had completed eligibility at LSU, and she _voluntarily_ accepted a suspension from her NADO. It is not clear what would happen in CAS if word of an NCAA was made positive and then a NADO moved forward with a suspension and the athlete did not cooperate.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    So what are the chances we see Richardson in an LSU jersey next season?
    My guess is zero. She's obviously likely to turn pro, but even if she doesn't she is very likely to redshirt next year outdoors because the NCAA Championships are just a week before the Olympic Trials. In fact, I suspect that almost every collegian with reasonable prospects for making the Olympic team will redshirt as well.

3. Collapse Details

What's the likelihood of her going to US Trials this year? Top three chances?

Austin conditions near perfect but it's going to be hot in Doha so why not?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    the NCAA Championships are just a week before the Olympic Trials. In fact, I suspect that almost every collegian with reasonable prospects for making the Olympic team will redshirt as well.
    What the hell was USATF thinking when it made that decision? USATF should at least try to have a symbiotic relationship with the NCAA the was the NFL, the NBA and MLB do.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
    What's the likelihood of her going to US Trials this year? Top three chances?
    I doubt she will deviate from her original plan in terms of meet schedule but what remains to be seen is what remains to be seen is whether turns pro or not. Dennis Shaver astutely pointed out that extending her season into October this year would greatly diminish her chances of making the Olympic team next year.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 06-10-2019 at 09:11 PM.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I doubt she will deviate from her original plan in terms of meet schedule but what remains to be seen is what remains to be seen is whether turns pro or not.
    She wasn't planning on going to the US trials?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    She wasn't planning on going to the US trials?
    No, she's going to the U20 Championships.

8. Collapse Details

No, she's going to the U20 Championships.
    Ok thanks for the info. Likely a smart move, and then she can wait until the Olympic trials to uncork the next shocker.

9. Collapse Details

What the hell was USATF thinking when it made that decision? USATF should at least try to have a symbiotic relationship with the NCAA the was the NFL, the NBA and MLB do.
    The Games start on July 24. The final day of the Trials is June 28.

10. Collapse Details

Dennis Shaver astutely pointed out that extending her season into October this year would greatly diminish her chances of making the Olympic team next year.
    Far be it for me to question his 'astute' judgement, but he may be biased in wanting to see her in an LSU jersey again. There are periodization plans that could start in December and could get her ready again by June for OT. She could probably train thru NCAA, just run the 100, win, and be ready and sharp for the next week.