Facts, Not Fiction

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Awesome race. In a way, Roberts ran the more impressive race in that he hit two hurdles pretty hard and yet came back with a stronger finish than Holloway. IMO he would have won without that mistake.
    Why did Holloway have to be an a**hole after the race with that "phoning it in" thing ? Whatever happened to sportsmanship, running over to congratulate your rival for a great performance ?
    Last edited by berkeley; 06-09-2019 at 10:54 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Holloway is about as far from being what you said as can be.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by berkeley View Post
    Awesome race. In a way, Roberts ran the more impressive race in that he hit two hurdles pretty hard and yet came back with a stronger finish than Holloway. IMO he would have won without that mistake.
    Why did Holloway have to be an a**hole after the race with that "phoning it in" thing ? Whatever happened to sportsmanship, running over to congratulate your rival for a great performance ?
    Goodness man relax...He's a college boy having a good time.

4. Collapse Details

Did you complain about Bolt showboating after every win?

5. Collapse Details

Holloway did go over to Roberts to congratulate him and please join the current century. It's not so bad.

6. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Yes...the arrow thing was very unpopular...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Holloway is about as far from being what you said as can be.
    This ↑↑ x2. Every interview I have seen has shown him to be a fun-loving kid to be sure, but he is well-spoken and extremely respectful of the competition, officials, coaches, parents and media. He is and will be a great representative for our sport and I am very thankful that (so far, at least) he has resisted the urge to play football.

8. Collapse Details

Come on berekley, lighten up.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Exactly. And how about Oduduru and his dancing? LOL!!! Look, they are just kids having fun. Like I said before in another post, come on people, lighten up. Sheeeeseee!!!

10. Collapse Details

Yikes - I guess I'm in a minority in not liking showboating. No, I didn't like Bolt's antics either. Celebrating is fine, but there's a difference. If Holloway did go over to congratulate Roberts after the clip I watched (which went on for more than a minute after the race), then I apologize to him. I'm not making any comment on Holloway as a person, I'm sure he's a very nice guy, just his behavior after this race, which I thought was disrespectful to the competition. Yes, he's young, but he has now grown up and reached the pinnacle of the sport, which makes him a role model for millions of kids.