Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 111

Hybrid View

  1. Collapse Details
    ¶2019 mNCAA PV: Chris Nilsen (S Dakota) 19-6¼ (5.95) MR
    #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A Temperate Island
    Posts
    7,575
    The height progression at NCAAs is much more aggressive than usual, which is good for Mondo and the field as a whole.
    Last edited by dj; 06-06-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    11,897
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    The height progression at NCAAs is much more aggressive than usual, which is good for Mondo and the field as a whole.
    Yes, I hate the early moves to 10cm and then 5cm increases.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    The height progression at NCAAs is much more aggressive than usual, which is good for Mondo and the field as a whole.
    I'm guessing he'll come in at 5.50, which is the 3rd bar.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,701
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    The height progression at NCAAs is much more aggressive than usual, which is good for Mondo and the field as a whole.
    unless the weather decides not to cooperate, at which point we get a rash of no-heights and the mantra becomes, "why did they do such a stupidly aggressive progression?" :-)
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Louisiana/ New York
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    unless the weather decides not to cooperate, at which point we get a rash of no-heights and the mantra becomes, "why did they do such a stupidly aggressive progression?" :-)
    80% chance of rain at 5:00 dropping to 25% at 7-7:30.......
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun5150 View Post
    80% chance of rain at 5:00 dropping to 25% at 7-7:30.......
    Presumably the warm-up period will be scheduled to start at 6:00. Doesn't sound good. (But of course, it's only Monday--forecasts do change.)
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,701
    progresssion

    5.20 (17-¾)

    5.35 (17-6½)

    5.50 (18-½)

    5.60 (18-4½)

    5.70 (18-8¼)

    then 5cm
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A Temperate Island
    Posts
    7,575
    Too bad they would never just postpone it until Friday! At that particular facility, it does not conflict with any othr events, and I don't think any of these athletes are competing in other events.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,701
    you may get your wish

    <<Please also note that the committee is considering moving the pole vault and hammer to Friday for event safety purposes. The final decision on the pole vault and hammer will be made no later than 8 p.m. CT tonight. >>
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    3,386
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    you may get your wish

    <<Please also note that the committee is considering moving the pole vault and hammer to Friday for event safety purposes. The final decision on the pole vault and hammer will be made no later than 8 p.m. CT tonight. >>
    Kind of funny. I was originally going to skip Wednesday and show up on Thursday to save some vacation, but then realized the MPV was Wednesday.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •