3. Erica Birk BYU Jr
    4. Val Constien Colorado Sr
    5. Charlotte Prouse’ New Mexico Jr
    6. Devin Clark Arkansas Jr
    7. Bri Ilarda’ Providence Sr
    8. Rachel King South Dakota State Sr
    9. Alissa Niggemann Wisconsin So
    10. Joyce Kimeli’ Auburn So
    Last edited by dj; 06-08-2019 at 11:04 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Very interesting race. Shouldn't be such an easy 'walk' to the title for Allie O as her previous 2 SC titles.

I think Erica Birk is the wild card here and could very well upset the apple-cart. I also get the feeling that there's a lot more to come from Brianna Ilarda so I wouldn't be surprised to see her battling in the top 2/3 come the closing stages of the race.

3. Collapse Details

The top five are from generally high-and-dry locations, how will they do with two races in hot weather [three from Ostrander?]?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    Very interesting race. Shouldn't be such an easy 'walk' to the title for Allie O as her previous 2 SC titles.

I think Erica Birk is the wild card here and could very well upset the apple-cart. I also get the feeling that there's a lot more to come from Brianna Ilarda so I wouldn't be surprised to see her battling in the top 2/3 come the closing stages of the race.
    Yeah I think Erica Birk is GOING to make this race one for the story books. Someone will have to lower their PR to win this title this year...Alie O is a tough competitor so I don't think she is going to let her to title go without a fight. Adva Cohen will have to run her PR to win it.

5. Collapse Details

In the heat, with rounds and multiple other races for contenders, I do not think we will see anything in the 9:20s. [87/94 HI semis, 97/105 Finals]. And Cohen and Ostrander (and Prouse) have the 5000 less than two hours later; do you really think that any of them are wanting a fast race? Birk might be the favorite, given that. And the Semis might not tell you too much.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    In the heat, with rounds and multiple other races for contenders, I do not think we will see anything in the 9:20s. [87/94 HI semis, 97/105 Finals]. And Cohen and Ostrander (and Prouse) have the 5000 less than two hours later; do you really think that any of them are wanting a fast race? Birk might be the favorite, given that. And the Semis might not tell you too much.
    I don't think any of these ladies who are doubling are going to be thinking about that 5k when they are running the finals thus are not going to be saving anything and wont be afraid to put everything on the line in the steeple. Those ladies are just too competitive to let the race lag and be a sit and kick. The temp may be a factor but someone like Alie Ostrander who has never really pushed to her to her capacity in this event until this year I believe her PR is probably soft for her so a 9:20s run even in the heat could be in her cards.

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    9:20s in the NCAA meet are very rare; indeed there have only ever been 4 such:

9:24.41 Courtney Frerichs (New Mexico) 16
    9:25.54 Jenny Barringer (Colorado) 09
    9:29.32 Colleen Quigley (Florida State) 15
    9:29.90 ———Barringer 08

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    9:20s in the NCAA meet are very rare; indeed there have only ever been 4 such:

9:24.41 Courtney Frerichs (New Mexico) 16
    9:25.54 Jenny Barringer (Colorado) 09
    9:29.32 Colleen Quigley (Florida State) 15
    9:29.90 ———Barringer 08
    Only if the weather is the biggest factor that prevents it but NCAA history also shows at least for the women their best times have come at NCAA most years. Only because I assume its a rhythm event and seeing as how most of the athletes don't run it every single meet it allows for a progressive lowering of times throughout the season. Again I am not sure how the heat is going to affect it but if all else remains someone can very well PR this weekend in this event which should put them close to the 9:20s

9. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Actually Frerichs ran 4 seconds faster post-NCAA, Barringer '09 12 seconds faster, Barringer '08 7 seconds faster and Quigley 5 seconds faster.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Actually Frerichs ran 4 seconds faster post-NCAA, Barringer '09 12 seconds faster, Barringer '08 7 seconds faster and Quigley 5 seconds faster.
    But they also ran their fastest time up to that point at NCAA prior to those times as well if I believe which was the point I was trying to make that if these ladies run their fastest times of the their season this weekend it may put someone into the 9:20s unless the weather is in fact a detractor.

I didn't mean that the athletes don't PR after NCAA but they tend to PR at NCAA up to that point LOL!!!
    Last edited by BleacherReporter; 06-04-2019 at 09:25 PM.